I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

2012 Annual Michaux Dual Sport - Aug 12th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2012 Annual Michaux Dual Sport - Aug 12th

Post by Rut Row » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm coming in Saturday morning. I'll have my portable propane grill. How about a pitch-in dinner Saturday night?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:30 am

How does everyone know where to camp? I don't even know where the ride starts. anyone here know the exact GPS location? I'll come in Sun. morning with a small trailer. I haven't done this before or even been to Michaux before. Help.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 am

Kyler wrote:I'm coming in Saturday morning. I'll have my portable propane grill. How about a pitch-in dinner Saturday night?
Sounds like a plan to me! I'll have Kathy post up a list of stuff that we are bringing.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 am

BillyGoat wrote:How does everyone know where to camp? I don't even know where the ride starts. anyone here know the exact GPS location? I'll come in Sun. morning with a small trailer. I haven't done this before or even been to Michaux before. Help.
There is a parking/camping area called Big Flat, that is where I plan to set up. I think I have the GPS coords on my unit at home. If I do I'll post them up in the next couple days, after I get home. If not I know skinny-j has them.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Where to go/camp---.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/ca ... etails.htm

39.986681,-77.402373

It's a busy place Sunday AM.

WF-Any specific plan for riding Saturday?
Bruce

Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2012 Annual Michaux Dual Sport (24th of 25)

Post by Hare » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:54 pm

[/quote]
Dang it! I love that event. That is the same day as the GMER Enduro in Pa by/around Rocket.

Oh well! I'll get to ride good stuff that day regardless![/quote]

I think this scheduling is a great boon for us average guys. All you fast enduro guys will be at the race and the rest of us can ride without being concerned about being run over.[/quote]

That is exactly what I need. :whoop: I signed up for it too. this will be only my 2nd dual sport ride. :ride:[/quote]

If anyone is questioning going to Michaux , GO! even with it filled up there will be enough no shows to get in. The MORE guys and girl hold a great event, tell them that and how much you love coming to ride it. If this goes away it will never be back.

Now that being said, you guys got the totally wrong idea about enduros, there are not guys passing you, there is no way they can when you sign up on a late row and no one is behind you. These aren't laps its one big loop that noone ride twice, the fast guys are up front, even if your fast you couldnt catch them.

The tough part of the enduros is that the trails are more intensive, Jersey sand whoop , PA rocky sections, you just cant sit on your seat like a road ride, it forces you to actively move around on the bike to make it do things, move forwards back, even stand up sometimes and god forbid turn the handlebars. After a day of this you are tired, just like a DS, but went 60 miles with 40+ being woods. Enduro are much slower speeds overall, and safer. Even if a fast guy signed up late he wont want to mess with you cause it will hurt his score or worse.

If anyone wants to get good at woods riding, enduros are the best way to do so. After one year of trying hard i promise you will be a compentent confident woods rider and much faster than the average joe.

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:20 pm

dirtygrunt wrote: WF-Any specific plan for riding Saturday?
Nope, nothing specific. Might try to do a little two up exploring with Dirtygirl. Just gonna play it by ear. We are for sure getting there Friday evening though!! :kumbaya:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

dirtygirl
DAMN n00b

Post by dirtygirl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 pm

No idea what to bring. Any suggestions? If we are all pitching in, post what you are bringing and that will give me a better idea of what to make. :eats: I know you all HATED the cake at the reunion. It lasted maybe 85 seconds? :cheers:

Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:43 am

Well I got my MORE packet !! Now where is the GPX file ? what do I do with that page of chicken scratch stuff ? This is gonna be fun but who decided on a 7am start time ? Where are the slow guys meeting and when ?
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:13 am

dirtygirl wrote:No idea what to bring. Any suggestions? If we are all pitching in, post what you are bringing and that will give me a better idea of what to make. :eats: I know you all HATED the cake at the reunion. It lasted maybe 85 seconds? :cheers:
:dirtdog: sorry, THAT cake is a DAMN requirement. :eats:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris