I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mountain / 3-10

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shade Mountain / 3-10

Post by Boom Boom »

Ended up with a crew of 6 for the day.
For this early in the season the trails were in good shape.
Next time we go "UP" the log slide :whip:
For anyone that missed out on this ride and would like to have some locals to ride with I think the R&T boyz will be riding there in 2 weeks.
OBTW, nice meeting you J.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Magilla400

Post by Magilla400 »

Mike, great riding with you again and meeting the rest of the fellas. Thanks to you, Sam, for following me around to act as my lifeguard! :thumbup: Absolutely great ride and I'll definitely be going back.

Sunday went up to Treverton and had a ball on the coal hills. We need to get a group head to up there sometime in the near future!
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Magilla400 wrote:Mike, great riding with you again and meeting the rest of the fellas. Thanks to you, Sam, for following me around to act as my lifeguard! :thumbup: Absolutely great ride and I'll definitely be going back.

Sunday went up to Treverton and had a ball on the coal hills. We need to get a group head to up there sometime in the near future!
Big Bird builds a 150 LB FrankenBeta so he doesn't have a 350 LB bike to pin him to the ground but still managed a good workout having to bench press your bike. :knary:
For having dual sport tires and tall gearing you done just fine.
Many climbs I parked my bike and started walking down hill figuring you might need a hand but was very happy to see the ole Zuki chugging along just fine :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Boom Boom wrote:Ended up with a crew of 6 for the day.
For anyone that missed out on this ride and would like to have some locals to ride with I think the R&T boyz will be riding there in 2 weeks.

Yup, we'll be up weekend after next. Atleast 20 of us. Some will go ride Shade Saturday and a few of us will do a 75-100 mile Dual sport loop all around that area with very little pavement (5-10 miles tops) just to jump out to Troxeville for gas and lunch. This is a great DS loop, it has parts of 7 MTN DS and parts of other legal trails, as long as you have a plate.

Sunday usually we ride Shade proper and then head home. We are all staying at Mountain Dale Farms friday and Sat night.
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'll be in Austin that weekend. Any chance I could get a gps log or directions for following the ds loop?

Thanks,

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote:

Yup, we'll be up weekend after next. Atleast 20 of us. Some will go ride Shade Saturday and a few of us will do a 75-100 mile Dual sport loop all around that area with very little pavement (5-10 miles tops) just to jump out to Troxeville for gas and lunch. This is a great DS loop, it has parts of 7 MTN DS and parts of other legal trails, as long as you have a plate.

Sunday usually we ride Shade proper and then head home. We are all staying at Mountain Dale Farms friday and Sat night.

Would it be kosher to show up and tag along at Shade that day?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Regarding showing up and tagging along, sure if you want to show up, that is totally cool! We normally get over there around ~0900 to ride Sat morn, beer from night before dependant!
Shade is a open system and we don't mind others coming along to ride, it's still a free country, well for now anyway----- :dirtdog:
regarding the DS loop, yeah I'll have to dig up the map. I got it from Mike, but I have it here somewhere.
Lots of cool bikes---
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BB,

Thanks for leading us around, you are definetly the trail master of Shade Mountain! The place is definietly rocky but somehow that just made it "unique" and fun. I had a blast and will definetly be back. Following (or trying to) you and Tom on those Gas-Gas's and Windyhill definitely made me step it up a bit and that was fun too. Magilla, it was nice to meet you; and Sam, it was interesting to watch BB try and fix your stuck float.

SJ
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote: Would it be kosher to show up and tag along at Shade that day?
Phil,

I can't make it next weekend for the R & T ride, but if you wanted to put something together for the last weekend of March or the first weekend of April, I would love to go back. I have a track log of our ride from last weekend; it was only 34 miles but believe me, you will get your money's worth.....

Jay
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Skinny-J wrote:
Bucho wrote: Would it be kosher to show up and tag along at Shade that day?
Phil,

I can't make it next weekend for the R & T ride, but if you wanted to put something together for the last weekend of March or the first weekend of April, I would love to go back. I have a track log of our ride from last weekend; it was only 34 miles but believe me, you will get your money's worth.....

Jay
Hey J, I may be able to do something the last weekend of march? My e-mail is down agin!!!! How was it compaired to RAC? How far away is it? I would have liked to have gone with you guys, just to busy with the new shed/ workshop coming.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX