I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sandy lane enduro

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Sandy lane enduro

Post by bonehead »

Anyone going to this? I am looking to make this my first ever off road event. :ride:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Re: Sandy lane enduro

Post by RadioRyder »

That should be a great ride, and the weather's perfect this weekend. I'm told all the rides in Southern Jersey are good. I have to choose a HS in April, it's between MCI in NJ and GMER Boyer in WV. Leaning towards WV cause already did TCSMC.

Have fun at your first Enduro! There are plenty of nice people to help if you aren't sure what to do. :thumbup:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

RadioRyder wrote:That should be a great ride, and the weather's perfect this weekend. I'm told all the rides in Southern Jersey are good. I have to choose a HS in April, it's between MCI in NJ and GMER Boyer in WV. Leaning towards WV cause already did TCSMC.

Have fun at your first Enduro! There are plenty of nice people to help if you aren't sure what to do. :thumbup:

Thanks I am thinking this is going to kick my butt. Which is OK. I am taking the 950adv :screwy: I have no fing idea what I am in for but 80miles of riding? An off road timed event on the 950 sounds like I am going to be sore in the morning. :brows:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

I would seriously consider taking a smaller bike to this event if you have one, this is not a dualsport. This would not be the best bike to do your 1st enduro on, but I wish you the best of luck.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'm sure you've already discovered this, but a 950 Adventure won't fit through the course. I went to this event last year with brand new, right out of the package hand guards. By the end of the day, all of the paint was worn off of the front from bouncing off of trees that my WR400 couldn't fit between.

This is a real enduro race. It's one of the easier ones from what I'm told, but it's still no joke.

In any case, I hope it is going well for you and that you're having fun. You'll certainly learn a *ton*. I know I did!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

waserman wrote:I would seriously consider taking a smaller bike to this event if you have one, this is not a dualsport. This would not be the best bike to do your 1st enduro on, but I wish you the best of luck.
:roost: I have deicded to listen to everyone and take the 950 :screwy: . I dont want my reputation to diminish at all. :rayof: . Loading the bike up now and looking forward to a day of :whoop: & :rickey: & :knary: and :loveit: .

Wish me luck!!!!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I hope someone there has a cardiac machine... :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

bonehead wrote:
waserman wrote:I would seriously consider taking a smaller bike to this event if you have one, this is not a dualsport. This would not be the best bike to do your 1st enduro on, but I wish you the best of luck.
:roost: I have deicded to listen to everyone and take the 950 :screwy: . I dont want my reputation to diminish at all. :rayof: . Loading the bike up now and looking forward to a day of :whoop: & :rickey: & :knary: and :loveit: .

Wish me luck!!!!

You are NUTZ..... :screwy:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

bonehead wrote:

Wish me luck!!!!

Dude, if you finish and just don't hour out on a 950, MAD PROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy Lane is a fun event. Ridden it a few times, but even on my 525 I was whinning for my 200, just sayin"

Go for it, if nothing else, you'll be a DAMN HERO IF YOU FINISH! :roost:

Hope you like whoops, miles and miles of whoop[s, SAND WHOOPS, EFIN BIG SAND WHOOPS!!!!!!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Oh yeah. Today is Saturday so the race is tomorrow. Have fun and good luck. Make sure you have a hydration pack and duct tape a sub and a gallon of water to your gas can for the lunch stop.

And you are insane! .:whoop:

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200