I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials Event: R&T club grounds Ijamsville, Md. SUnday 4/22

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Trials Event: R&T club grounds Ijamsville, Md. SUnday 4/22

Post by Rut Row »

Trials Event: R&T club grounds Ijamsville, Md. Sunday 4/22
Saturday - MAT Vintage Series.
Sunday - AMA Modern Series.
12 sections, three loops.
Good Food on site.
$1 gate fee.
http://www.randtclub.com for flyer
301-865-0779
R&T asked that I post this - y'all keep this up and we'll have to start a DAMN Trials forum! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: Trials Event: R&T club grounds Ijamsville, Md. SUnday 4/

Post by motojunky »

Kyler wrote:
Trials Event: R&T club grounds Ijamsville, Md. Sunday 4/22
Saturday - MAT Vintage Series.
Sunday - AMA Modern Series.
12 sections, three loops.
Good Food on site.
$1 gate fee.
http://www.randtclub.com for flyer
301-865-0779
R&T asked that I post this - y'all keep this up and we'll have to start a DAMN Trials forum! :lol2:
In! I'll be there Saturday for sure and possibly Sunday. Last year we rode in torrential rain. I'm hoping for something a little drier this year.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

motojunky wrote:In! I'll be there Saturday for sure and possibly Sunday. Last year we rode in torrential rain. I'm hoping for something a little drier this year.
Forecast is 80% chance of rain on Saturday and 60% on Sunday. Tradition must be upheld you know. :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Kyler wrote:
motojunky wrote:In! I'll be there Saturday for sure and possibly Sunday. Last year we rode in torrential rain. I'm hoping for something a little drier this year.
Forecast is 80% chance of rain on Saturday and 60% on Sunday. Tradition must be upheld you know. :shrug:
Some rain is cool. It was biblical last year. :lol2:

It was still a ton of fun, I'm just looking forward to checking the place out in better weather.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

R&T is a great place to ride Trials. Even wet it is fun! Don't know which section I'll be working yet, but when you see my Beta parked, you'll know it is me!

Looking forward to it, it will be fun. Even in the rain!
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I was there last year on Sunday. It was pretty neat. They had a couple real good rocky lines.

I'll be coming back from WV on Sunday.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

The rain held off! :rayof: Conditions were perfect and the sections were great. Several were very challenging, but I felt like they were all doable. I was able to clean all but one section at least once, and I was close in the other. I just kept taking stupid dabs. On the last loop I fell over in section 10 getting my only five for the day. As a bonus, I got an 8" scrape/bruise on my forearm. :boohoo: I cleaned it on the first two loops, I think I just got lazy thinking it was an easy section. Apparently I was wrong. :lol2:

I don't know how I finished as I had to leave before all of the score cards were in. I had a 17 which I felt pretty good about. I saw a 4 and a 40 so I know I didn't get first or last.

Some of the sections for tomorrow looked great. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it back for tomorrow.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

Jamie and I are bailing on the green briar enduro because of the rain, and we were back on row 90, so we are Gunnar give trials a try tomorrow. I've never been to an event, so don't know what to expect other than its gunna be slick in the rain!
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Stinson wrote:Jamie and I are bailing on the green briar enduro because of the rain, and we were back on row 90, so we are Gunnar give trials a try tomorrow. I've never been to an event, so don't know what to expect other than its gunna be slick in the rain!
It has been dry lately, so it won't be swampy anywhere. Also, it all drains pretty well. I rode there last year in pouring rain and it was still fun. I dropped a lot of points, but it was never a "survival mode" kind of thing. Get there a couple of hours before the start so you have time to ask questions and check out the sections. Looking at your pictures, it looks to be very similar terrain so you should be comfortable.

Have fun!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Stinson wrote:Jamie and I are bailing on the green briar enduro because of the rain, and we were back on row 90, so we are Gunnar give trials a try tomorrow. I've never been to an event, so don't know what to expect other than its gunna be slick in the rain!
How did it go?
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap