I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Its Hammer Time 2012

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Its Hammer Time 2012

Post by Rut Row »

more intel
The dual sport is on.

We had no real problems or power outages. It was a lot of rain but our soils are sandy and drain well. As with any event, any spots we think will not be fun, we will reroute.

So expect all the good stuff you love about this event, because everything is a go.

At the time of sending this I see some blue sky, and some black clouds, but no more rain.

We’d like to hear some feedback, like if some of you can’t make it because of power outages or trees down or anything major we should know.

Weather report says we are supposed to get a little more rain today, mainly before 10pm, but from then on it’s sunny, cloudy or breezy, and all sun for the weekend.

Thanks

Mike
Tri County Sportsmen Motorcycle Club
Hammer Run National Dual Sport
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

Ill be there!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Friday Evening Pitchin

Post by Rut Row »

Friday Night Pitch-in List
  • Junior: dogs and rolls and cheese
  • Kyler: chips, buns and burgers
I guess only Junior and I are eating! :lol2:

Junior - do you have a grill? I have an unopened bag of charcoal. With just you 'n me, I see no need to pack my portable gas grill.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

latest update
Friday night entertainment will be available, 6 to 10pm. Entertainment by Andy
Our entertainment area is redesigned this year, we have located the fire pit in front of the entertainment. The old direction of the entertainment is reversed, under that metal shelter we use.

We won't have food available Friday night. First food avail will be hot breakfast for purchase on Saturday morning. free continental avail sunday morning and hot bfast for purchase avail. All the usual snack or hot dog stops will be out both days, and the pulled pork and soup at the end on sunday.
thanks
Mike
Tri County Sportsmen
Ken
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

Ken i'll be there early friday with my camper so i will have cooking stuff as wellas a small grill and generator. Let me know if ishould bring anything specific. I'm also bring the propane heater thats usually under sallydogs tent cause they dont alow fires. Anyone is welcome in the camper,can even sleep 1-2. Dirtygirl can also use it when we are out riding as well. Still without power here from the storm. Hopefolly its back bekfore i leave friday.
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I should be there about 6p on Friday, depending on traffic. I have a meeting at 2 I need to attend.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Fuel intel
Most everyone down here has power and fuel is NOT an issue. No lines and the prices are less than $3.50 for regular. I am sitting at a wawa right now not too far from the start. The Northern end of the State and the Eastern most side there may be issues so I would go the long way coming from the
North and AVOID the Parkway by using the Turnpike/295/Route55. This my not be necessary but the closer to the shore you get the harder it could be to find open stations without lines.
The above is not verified but down here there are NO fuel issues
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

We'll be rolling in around 10pm, so we'll have already ate. But we plan to enjoy some refreshments :thumbup:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Any chance someone is stopping by JT's, or anywhere that sells a roll chart holder prior to heading to hammer? I just realized mine is busted. If anyone could pick one up for me, I'll gladly pay them for it @ the event. I'll even throw in a few drinks for your troubles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Grady wrote:Any chance someone is stopping by JT's, or anywhere that sells a roll chart holder prior to heading to hammer? I just realized mine is busted. If anyone could pick one up for me, I'll gladly pay them for it @ the event. I'll even throw in a few drinks for your troubles.
Call JT and pay for one and tell him I'll pick it up.
Ken