I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

SHADE

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
SMCC
DAMN n00b

Re: SHADE

Post by SMCC »

Please don't take my comments as a lack of support for the effort PAOHV is putting in to giving off road motorcycles a voice. I applaud and give 100% support to their effort and only wish I could do more.

The best case scenario is that we keep Shade and the dual sport system open in Bald Eagle, PAOHV gets us some new areas opened up and the several groups working on private trails are successful. Combine this with some really cool events and we may never have to ride the same trail twice in a year. A guy can dream!!!!!

Matt
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

Sounds like a trip to Shade is in order. I think I'll be ready by this weekend, if my handlebars ever get here.
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

windyhill wrote:Sounds like a trip to Shade is in order. I think I'll be ready by this weekend, if my handlebars ever get here.
Lemme know if you want some company.
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I'm going...probably this or next weekend.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

My apologies to everyone, but it's all my fault. Seems every time I find a place I like they close it down.

I'd love to join you in the coming weeks but I have too much other stuff to do, wife's b-day party, getting the house into sellable condition, garage clean out, side work, etc......

Perhaps some time at the end of the month or next.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

I'm out for this weekend.
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Me too. But I'm prolly going to the Anthractice Outdoor Adventure Area in PA (shamokin) instead on Sunday (July 15th). However, I will go back to Shade Mountain before it closes for the year!
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I'm up for one more go-round at Shade...

Anthractice Outdoor Adventure Area in PA (shamokin)-is this RAC? reading anthicite?
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Damage Inc. wrote:I'm up for one more go-round at Shade...

Anthractice Outdoor Adventure Area in PA (shamokin)-is this RAC? reading anthicite?
I don't know anything about it...but the website makes it look large and nice with tons of trails and activities for everything from Jeeps to kids.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Damage Inc. wrote:I'm up for one more go-round at Shade...

It does not look like it. AOAA is a new thing being put together by a grant from the DNR. RAC is the Reading Anthracite Company, a coal company that sells permits to ride on their land that is not currently being mined. It's a good time, but it is 100% choose your own adventure. No trails are marked and the boundaries aren't marked, either, so you have to know where you are so you don't go where you don't want to. But there are plenty of trails and it's an excellent time, especially if you get someone who knows the area to lead you around.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200