I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

1997 KTM 200 EXC Jack Piner 30th Anniversary Edition

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
dougmccabe
DAMN Wanabe

1997 KTM 200 EXC Jack Piner 30th Anniversary Edition

Post by dougmccabe »

I picked up this little gem with the idea that it would be cool to ride to around. Well... I cant bring myself to do it and dont want it damaged. So I am selling it to someone who wants a collector or is crazy enough to ride it like it needs to be. Its one of the 133 produced and I have the Certificate of Orgin, the 30th Anniversary briefcase, owners manual and 30th Anniversary stickers.

All original as far as I can tell except for the grips. In 2010 the PO had JT Motorsports in MD do some service items to fix leaky fork seals, airbox rubber rot, carb cleaning, oil change, and coolant flush to keep it in tip top shape. It sat in his garage for years and has no damage to the seat, plastic or other parts. There is some staining on the fork legs from the leaky seals. The pipe has a petina that I'm sure would shine up pretty nice if someone wanted to put the effort into it.

The PO bought it new in '97. He had a little field he rode it in following his kids around. He's claiming that he has less than 100 miles on it. It really looks like it. Someone sat on the bike years ago with the kickstand down. It snapped the bolt on the stand and the bike fell over. It dinged the pipe and broke the kickstand and ripped the left grip. Other than that it looks great!
It starts on the first or second kick and runs great.

Located in Manassas VA
$3200.00 or make me an offer. No trades. I have enough bikes.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s97/dougmccabe/1997%20KTM%20200%20EXC/DSC02819.jpg
Attachments
jackpiner.jpg
2011 BMW F800GS
2010 Husaberg FE390
2016 Beta 250 EVO
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 1997 KTM 200 EXC Jack Piner 30th Anniversary Edition

Post by Boom Boom »

That looks like something Harold @ Ridersville would NEED to have for his collection...
Perhaps a trip to Mid-Ohio for the vintage show would drag in some big $$$$ interest :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Doug, weren't you on MAD Rider? On the KTM: you might want to take that advice above. Or call a KTM shop that collects. Ellicott City Motorsports has a Suzuki collection. Who knows, they may be interested.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Best looking KTM I've seen in a long time! Since the red/white of the early 90's, I haven't liked the way they look. Especially the orange...
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap