I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Enduro September 9th 8:00 am

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Re: Michaux Enduro September 9th 8:00 am

Post by stretchride »

Thanks for the write-up Phoo :thumbup:
What did you ride, your KTM?
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Of course. My WR would have totally kicked my ass. :)

Crofrog, sorry to hear you guys dropped out. The first section was zero fun at all and I had thoughts similar to your friend. I'm glad I stayed with it, though, because the rest of it was pretty good. The first timed section after lunch was a lot of fun. Some were complaining (rightfully so) about how fast it was, but after getting beat up in the morning it was a welcome relief.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

phoo wrote:Of course. My WR would have totally kicked my ass. :)

Crofrog, sorry to hear you guys dropped out. The first section was zero fun at all and I had thoughts similar to your friend. I'm glad I stayed with it, though, because the rest of it was pretty good. The first timed section after lunch was a lot of fun. Some were complaining (rightfully so) about how fast it was, but after getting beat up in the morning it was a welcome relief.

~Patrick
yeah, He was on a 450 and something in his shoulder locked up and he didn't want to risk not being able to move the bike around in the woods. I've got to admit the first section really kicked my ass. I was 44 down at the first check. Rocks are not my thing I really love sand, and it probably doesn't help that this was the first time I was on the 200 all year been riding the 950 all summer.

I ran out of water after the 3rd or 4th check and was pretty dehydrated when I pulled in after the first loop would have gone back out if I'd have known it was going to be faster.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

If you like sand, I recommend Sandy Lane Enduro done by Meteor Motorcycle Club in Southern NJ. It's a pretty noob-friendly event and it's definitely sandy. If you're in a later row, you'll get plenty of experience with :whoop:! :)

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

phoo wrote:If you like sand, I recommend Sandy Lane Enduro done by Meteor Motorcycle Club in Southern NJ. It's a pretty noob-friendly event and it's definitely sandy. If you're in a later row, you'll get plenty of experience with :whoop:! :)

~Patrick
I'm going to try and make Scrub Pine, hammer and stump jumper
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Sounds like it was a good time even though it was tough. Good job guys!
I almost sort of like rocks. I"ll give it a go next year if I can.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

If you're not afraid of literally miles straight of rock gardens, I definitely say give it a go. It was really well run and I know it doesn't matter to you, but it was closed course even though there were dirt roads in parts of it. The only pavement was two or three times we crossed pavement (which were all manned by a courseworker with a flag for traffic) and the start to the afternoon loop was after a short jaunt down the street in a free time ride.

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

The closed course dirt roads where fun as hell and a welcome break. 6th gear pinned on the 200 apexing the turns was bad ass.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I went a LITTLE slower through this section than the guy filming :lol2: AND I went more to the right into a BIG DEEP hole :nono: and over the bars on the last drop where the broken foot peg was. OUCH!!!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

BigBird wrote:I went a LITTLE slower through this section than the guy filming :lol2: AND I went more to the right into a BIG DEEP hole :nono: and over the bars on the last drop where the broken foot peg was. OUCH!!!
Good riding man! You got anything from the first section?