I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2013 DAMN reunion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:

Where to go?

Mtn. Ridge
42%
Green Ridge
53%
Other- If vote other please give info!
5%

Total votes: 19

tommu56

Re: 2013 DAMN reunion

Post by tommu56 »

How about some addresses or Gps locations or links for us newbie's?

tom
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

tommu56 wrote:How about some addresses or Gps locations or links for us newbie's?

tom

Tom,

First off, Welcome.

You can find out a lot of information about this area by googling "Green Ridge State Forest" They have a real nice map in a .pdf format that shows many of the little dirt roads running through the area. There is a fun little creek the flows through the area which some of the roads cross and there are also some very nice scenic overlooks to enjoy.

Jay
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

tommu56 wrote:How about some addresses or Gps locations or links for us newbie's?

tom
What? And ruin your initiation?

:lol2:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:There is a fun little creek the flows through the area which some of the roads cross and there are also some very nice scenic overlooks to enjoy.
Warning Will Robinson, WARNING!

you better ask about the Golden Snorkel Award... :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

B DIRT wrote:GR :thumbup: f_ck yeh!

Sorry guys havent been around much but havent stopped riding any less :brows:
Just jumped on looking around to see whats happening, saw the campout thread and had to post.

I voted GR because to me it will always be the DAMN campout location even when we were at MR it didnt FEEL like the DAMN campout. Dont get me wrong I love MR and its an awesome place to ride but was just too disconnected from the original campout, I dont know just felt different :shrug: Wasn't DAMN riders thought up over a drunken GR campout?? I think it really sucks not having the ORV loop but to me and most of the dirt bags the trip in itself was the best part not necessarily the riding once there. We always rode to the campout in a big group, last year two of us rode to MR, yeah sad huh. The dirt bags will be in full force for the GR DAMN campout and will be looking forward to it! Its been too long cant wait to see the DAMN crew again!
B,

Well said; its what I was trying to say earlier. You are one of the faces I was thinking of before; and Rrob, and Hondahawk, and Mdubya, and OnOff and Dualsport Dave, and Dan401 and Dawn and Tymarp and Zambro and on and on.... All these organized Dual Sport events we run are great, but basically I see the same 10 or 12 faces at every event and I hope going back to GR will change that a little.

I also rode in to the first 2 reunions and remember those more than any others. DAMN started as a bunch of guys off of ADV getting together to ride and hangout. They rode at Taskers, Michaux and yes, Greenridge. There were guys showing up on V-Stroms and Tigers and KLR's and BRP's. Yes, things change and people come and go, but now you pretty much need a plated 2-stroke to ride many of the DAMN events and I think going back to GR will at least provide one event where this isn't the case.

If anybody wants to ride to GR from the Baltimore area consider me IN. I will be on a big 650 that hasn't been to a DAMN event in a very long time....

Jay
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Kyler wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:There is a fun little creek the flows through the area which some of the roads cross and there are also some very nice scenic overlooks to enjoy.
Warning Will Robinson, WARNING!

you better ask about the Golden Snorkel Award... :jack:

Shhhhhh; that's the initiation Dirtygrunt was referring to.....
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:
I also rode in to the first 2 reunions and remember those more than any others. DAMN started as a bunch of guys off of ADV getting together to ride and hangout. They rode at Taskers, Michaux and yes, Greenridge. There were guys showing up on V-Stroms and Tigers and KLR's and BRP's. Yes, things change and people come and go, but now you pretty much need a plated 2-stroke to ride many of the DAMN events and I think going back to GR will at least provide one event where this isn't the case.

Jay
I would have been fine with Mt Ridge or Booms farm. But Im looking forward to camping ar Greenridge. It should be a great venue to ride my family around witb DR.
I have always enjoyed the light dualsporting dirtroad riding type stuff. But Im glad some of us DAMN guys have gotten into more hardcore dualsporting and offroading. I love my plated 2-stroke!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
zamobro9
DAMN Expert

Post by zamobro9 »

There's a picture of my headlight somewhere on this forum with some creek water in it, on one of the past reunion rides I believe :angel:
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

In for the DS ride out to greenridge! :ride:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

windyhill wrote:In for the DS ride out to greenridge! :ride:

Sweet! Then it's on!!!