I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

4 th Annual Black Friday Ride - Nov 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 4 th Annual Black Friday Ride

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:
Skinny-J wrote: I will probably roll out around 7:30 and take the long-way there on some back roads; plus I want to make sure I have time to eat an Egg and cheese croissant at Burger King..
I shoulda guessed you swung that way! :harhar:

Like you don't; who you kiddin...

Its all about the pronunciation!

O.k., I don't get it... :shrug: :salute: :salute:
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

Thanks J , that map file could be invaluable if I need to know where to go and wait for you guys :loveit:
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Skinny-J wrote:
BigBird wrote:J I undestand that sometimes "stuff" happens BUT IF things go somewhat as planned do you expect to be home by around dark? or if not about when?

We have Turkey day that Friday but IF our dinner is late I might be able to see if I can keep up with you fast guys on the big bikes.
Sam,

I HOPE to be back in the Frederick area before dark. From Frederick I have another hour ride to home and I am not a big fan of riding after dark with all the little forest rats running around. I will do my best to keep things moving...
PERFECT - I'M IN and there is NOBODY better at herding the DAMN Kittens than YOU DA MAN :thumbup:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Skinny-J wrote:
Junior wrote: "Do you think your man enough"? NO!!! :salute: But lets do it anyway!
DAMN D/S mini iron butt!!!!!
Thats if my clutch comes in time?????????????
What is the status of the clutch? If you don't get it fixed in time you can come ride the Honda; you are not getting out of this one...
SJ, put the new clutch in tonight. swapping over to more of a street tire (deathwings). i`ll take it for a spin tomorrow.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Friday’s Itinerary

Alright, I tried but I just can’t get us to Greenridge and back, including picking up the DAMN tag and without getting on the highway, in one reasonable day. Additionally, I know some indicated they can only join in for a portion of the ride so in an attempt to facilitate that, the plan is this (with a pretty map included for your enjoyment):

1. We will roll wheels out of Burger King in Eldersburg at 8:30 am. Have your tank full, your belly full and your bladder empty!

2. We will make our way South on some nice little back roads with the occasional bits of dirt thrown in where ever they can be found.

3. Let’s hope the day warms up quickly as we will then turn West and hit a few little water crossings, one on Price’s Distillery and one on Sigler. Please no Golden Snorkel Awards on this trip!!

4. Popping out at Harpers Ferry, we will shadow the Potomac up-stream all the way to Shepherdstown and finally pop-over the river using the nice bridge that the State has graciously supplied.

5. We will then grab the current DAMN tag last planted by Bucho on Pond Lane. Then, keeping with the water theme, we will check out the previous DAMN tag planted by Ken and Bonehead; in the middle of the very deep-ass Back River Ford (this crossing will be “optional”)…

6. We will then turn North on some more little Roads-Less-Traveled. There is one dotted line in the GPS (i.e. a dirt road) that we will try to find but I won’t be surprised if it is gated. It appears to run along the ridge of a mountain and could be very cool (or a total waste of time…) but the name of the road is “WV DNR road 826” thus access is uncertain (even though the gps treats it as a routable road). Does anyone happen to know if hunting season is “in” on Friday in West Virginia as I think this could also be a concern with this road?

7. Eventually we will cross back over the Potomac in Hancock where we will stop for Lunch. Wingfixer, this is your hood, there are all kinds of places to eat in Hancock, what do you recommend?

8. With bellies again full we will seek out Slab Town Rd Ford. I have never personally been through this one so you can expect at least half a dozen U-turns and dumb looks as the GPS recalculates as we try to find our destination.

9. This will be followed up with making our way back East on some secondary roads until we get closer in to the Frederick area where we will have our Grand Finale…

10.…. a climb up the always fun Hawbottom road followed by dropping down to our last little water crossing at Steep Creek Ford. When we emerge out onto Rt 15, the official ride will be over and who ever is left can split to where ever they are from….

From the official start in Eldersburg to the end at Steep Creek Ford (not including bonus U-turns) will be just over 200 miles.

If anybody want a copy of the GPS file, e-mail me: J-shaffer at comcast.net

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Jay
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote: 7. Eventually we will cross back over the Potomac in Hancock where we will stop for Lunch. Wingfixer, this is your hood, there are all kinds of places to eat in Hancock, what do you recommend?

From the official start in Eldersburg to the end at Steep Creek Ford (not including bonus U-turns) will be just over 200 miles.
Jay
I usually eat in Berkeley Springs, if I'm down this way. In Hancock I have only eaten at the Sheetz, good, fast and cheap, What more could you ask? :shrug: I can do a little research, make a phone call, if you think we will have time and the desire to sit down someplace nice(ish).

Sounds like a good time!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

My boy and I are in. What does that make7?
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm still on the fence on this one. It is very tempting.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

bonehead wrote:My boy and I are in. What does that make7?
I believe the confirmed roster looks like:
SJ
Wingfixer
Jr
Bonehead
Son of Bonehead
Gene-TW200
Big Bird

Those threatening to come-
Juddspaintballs
Tymarp (via a pm I received)

A very nice sized group IMHO....