I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

'77 GS750 Motor, spare heads, spare cylinder with carbs

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

'77 GS750 Motor, spare heads, spare cylinder with carbs

Post by Rut Row »

Most of you know the story. This motor was in my racing sidecar. It has about 4 races on it and 8 practices. At Mid-Ohio last year, during the last practice before the race, I got a real bad case of piston slap in the #2 cylinder. That ended my racing season.

I bought 2 motors for less than the expected overhaul costs so this one now needs to go.

It comes with a spare head with valves, and a spare bare head. The installed head is from an 850 and is in good shape. It also comes with a spare cylinder. The carbs are jetted for pods and a 4-into-1 exhaust. Pods included. Exhaust not included. Complete gasket set included. Motor also has a Dyna-S installed and that too is included.

But Wait! There's more!
... if that wasn't enough, it is plumbed for an external oil cooler! Oil cooler not included.

You would need to completely tear down this mill and rebuild it. It has metal flakes throughout and I suspect the roller bearings are shot.
Motor is located near Frederick, MD. Would prefer local pickup.

Any interest? Make me a reasonable offer.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris