I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cove or Shade....

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

The Cove or Shade....

Post by Wingfixer »

I'm looking to do some riding saturday. For selfish reasons I prefer the Cove but I have heard that a certain tall, skinny, former Honda rider wants to do Shade Mtn.

The pros are:

The Cove: 40' and sunny, close to my parents so I can work on my boat (that ones for me), known trails.

Shade Mtn: 30' and partly cloudy, free (admission), I've never been there.

Maybe this should be a pole but what do the DAMN riders have to say?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: The Cove or Shade....

Post by Bucho »

I can't pull off 2 weekends in a row and next weekend my wife has a weekend seminar so I have childcare duty. However, on the 23 (or maybe 24), I'd like to get some riding in. I would kinda like to do the Cove then, but could be talked into doing Shade.

But have fun this weekend w/out me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Supposed to be 52 at the Cove on Sunday..... just sayin.... :lurker:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:I'm looking to do some riding saturday. For selfish reasons I prefer the Cove but I have heard that a certain tall, skinny, former Honda rider wants to do Shade Mtn.
Who is this devilishly handsome man you speak of? At first I thought you were referring to me but since I am still a CURRENT Honda rider and not a former, I then concluded otherwise.
Wingfixer wrote:The pros are:

The Cove: 40' and sunny, close to my parents so I can work on my boat (that ones for me), known trails.

Shade Mtn: 30' and partly cloudy, free (admission), I've never been there.
For the record, on Saturday, TWC forecast for Gore, Va is 35 after Ice to rain on Friday and for McAllisterville, I will go with your 30, after a "wintry mix" to rain on Friday. I think both places could be a little "challenging"....
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Save the ride for the 23 ( my brithday). My bike is not going to be ready by saturday. I`m lazy!!!!!
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

When does the seemingly neverending deer hunting season end? During hunting season, they PaTRA and others only want riders on Sundays. No hating, just sayin'.

Billy
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:Who is this devilishly handsome man you speak of? At first I thought you were referring to me but since I am still a CURRENT Honda rider and not a former, I then concluded otherwise.
It hasn't been seen in a while, I assumed it was semi-retired. I think of you as a Yamaha man now, not that there is anything wrong with that.... :peep:
Skinny-J wrote: For the record, on Saturday, TWC forecast for Gore, Va is 35 after Ice to rain on Friday and for McAllisterville, I will go with your 30, after a "wintry mix" to rain on Friday. I think both places could be a little "challenging"....
I'll leave it up to you then, Shade sounds good and I guess it doesn't have to be saturday.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote:Save the ride for the 23 ( my brithday). My bike is not going to be ready by saturday. I`m lazy!!!!!
That works too, I'm off the 23rd!! Birthday boy gets to pick his ride!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer wrote:
Junior wrote:Save the ride for the 23 ( my brithday). My bike is not going to be ready by saturday. I`m lazy!!!!!
Junior has been milking the "broken bike" line for a couple of weeks already and we don't need to "save" the ride for a later weekend - JUST DO BOTH weekends :ride:

Sunday weather looks good at Shade or the Cove - But I'd expect some residual ICE at Shade from rain/snow Friday and freezing temps Sat so I'd vote for Cove but will go with the wishes of the masses LOL!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

BigBird wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:
Junior has been milking the "broken bike" line for a couple of weeks already and we don't need to "save" the ride for a later weekend - JUST DO BOTH weekends :ride:

Sunday weather looks good at Shade or the Cove - But I'd expect some residual ICE at Shade from rain/snow Friday and freezing temps Sat so I'd vote for Cove but will go with the wishes of the masses LOL!
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: Not broke, just not ready! Last weekend was family time. I`m sending my rear shock to ASR for an upgrade. :thumbup:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX