I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cove or Shade....

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: The Cove or Shade....

Post by Skinny-J »

So I called the general store in McAlisterville. They have hardly a dusting of snow on the ground in town but not less than 10 miles up the road, they said there is definitely snow on the mountain. I don't think Shade is viable this weekend (at least for the stud-less mortals).

So I talked to WF and since every body seems to want to go to the Cove in 2 weeks, we are going to just wait and go then.

I am bummed but looking forward to riding in two weeks...
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Skinny-J wrote:So I called the general store in McAlisterville. They have hardly a dusting of snow on the ground in town but not less than 10 miles up the road, they said there is definitely snow on the mountain. I don't think Shade is viable this weekend (at least for the stud-less mortals).
So I talked to WF and since every body seems to want to go to the Cove in 2 weeks, we are going to just wait and go then.
WTF - You guys are OUT OF CONTROL :nono: :nono: :nono:

Going to the Cove tomorrow DOES NOT mean we can't go again in 2 weeks. :shrug:

Besides there is a very significant likelyhood that in 2 weeks the weather will be bad (or will have been bad) and the Cove will be snowed or iced in. (Late February is about the most likely time of the year for snow on the ground).

The bumper sticker on the back of my car says: "DON'T POSTPONE JOY"
So IF ANYBODY wants to play Sunday (tomorrow) please post and I'll meet you at the Cove @ 10:00

Calling: J&J, Tim, and any of the folks on this thread that want to reconsider.
Last edited by BigBird on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Skinny-J wrote:So I called the general store in McAlisterville. They have hardly a dusting of snow on the ground in town but not less than 10 miles up the road, they said there is definitely snow on the mountain. I don't think Shade is viable this weekend (at least for the stud-less mortals).

Sad face for the bummed :cry2:. The only reason i want to go to the cove in two weeks is to get allen @ ASR to help me set up my suspension, after that i`m open to all. His story is only a few miles from there.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

BigBird wrote:
WTF - You guys are OUT OF CONTROL :nono: :nono: :nono:

Going to the Cove tomorrow DOES NOT mean we can't go again in 2 weeks. :shrug:

Besides there is a very significant likelyhood that in 2 weeks the weather will be bad (or will have been bad) and the Cove will be snowed or iced in. (Late February is about the most likely time of the year for snow on the ground).

The bumper sticker on the back of my car says: "DON'T POSTPONE JOY"
So IF ANYBODY wants to play Sunday (tomorrow) please post and I'll meet you at the Cove @ 10:00

Calling: J&J, Tim, and any of the folks on this thread that want to reconsider.
Maybe you should call your girlfriend. :amazon: :jack:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
asr
DAMN Wanabe

Post by asr »

Junior wrote:

Sad face for the bummed :cry2:. The only reason i want to go to the cove in two weeks is to get allen @ ASR to help me set up my suspension, after that i`m open to all. His story is only a few miles from there.
Any of you guys can stop in anytime, out shop is located off the same exit-Looking forward to seeing you again
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

What.... I just loaded the bikes up, gotta go now! :hi5:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

J&J wrote:What.... I just loaded the bikes up, gotta go now! :hi5:
J&J - You're too criptic for us OLD SENILE folks. :shrug:

Does that mean you will be at the Cove at 10:00 Sunday???
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Yes sounds good, I was kinda stoked about Shade but we'll get there another time.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

If you're talking about Becky B? She's out for a while with a broken ankle from the Hangover HS (and I think our new member Purple Haze is WAY ahead of me with her) :lol2:

If you're talking about Vicki Nielson? She and Jerry have joined Eagle Bay which is MUCH closer for them so not much interest in the Cove there.

Are there any other "girlfriends" I've forgotten in my CRS haze?
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BigBird wrote:
If you're talking about Becky B? She's out for a while with a broken ankle from the Hangover HS (and I think our new member Purple Haze is WAY ahead of me with her) :lol2:

If you're talking about Vicki Nielson? She and Jerry have joined Eagle Bay which is MUCH closer for them so not much interest in the Cove there.

Are there any other "girlfriends" I've forgotten in my CRS haze?
Sam, you are obviously hard on women :amazon:

:shrug:

:poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris