I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Colorado in July

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Colorado in July

Post by Stinson »

Me and a few buds are going to Taylor Park this summer. Word on the street there are a few DAMN guys going. This true? If so who is going, where and when?
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Colorado in July

Post by Boom Boom »

Not me this year, wish I was.
Do you have lodging secured? The cabins at TP rent out very fast.
Have you ridden TP before?
If not, I have maps and some must ride routes.
You need to look at the MVUM to see what is open and adjust your Lat40 map to what is closed or it will mess up a good day of riding having to turn around.
PM me if you want to hook up for a beer and I can pass along what I know.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Stinson wrote:Me and a few buds are going to Taylor Park this summer. Word on the street there are a few DAMN guys going. This true? If so who is going, where and when?
Its true. You could pm Skinny J, he has more details.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Details...
You guys are killing me
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:Details...
You guys are killing me
We are heading out the last week of July - first week of Aug; 5 full days of riding. We have rented a house right on Cement Creek Road in Crested Butte South. Last fall I got the track logs from your trip from Firebolter and am using them as the basis for our single track rides. I do have the Lat 40 map and have been matching that up to the MVUM maps that I downloaded from Stay-the-Trail; they are the 2011 maps but I confirmed they are still the most current version into 2013. I am also planning some dual-sport rides (taking both the 450 and 650 along) to places like Marble and Tin Cup. I am pretty much consumed by this trip and read something about it or play in Mapsource almost every day!!

I would love to sit down with you and get your advise from your trip last year. We are both going to HM in April so maybe we could find a night around the campfire...

BTW, we still have the 8th spot in the second truck un-confirmed; could be yours....
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I have all my stuff saved, so easy to re-trace. Hopefully the weather will be good all week. We got really lucky with weather last year. I'll be at HM as well.
Lots of cool bikes---
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

Boom Boom wrote:Details...
You guys are killing me
Coool.....looks like we are going the same week. We have 6-8 guys going. Should be a blast. Ill let you know our details as we get more info!.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Stinson,

Where are you guys staying in CBS?
Lots of cool bikes---
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

We are just starting to work on these details. Looks like we have 8 guys going. Two trucks. Four of us will leave from my house here in MD, the other 4 will leave from Blacksburg VA. The group leaving from the south wants to stay in cabins the entire time. My gang from MD is a little more flexible, we will be pulling a decent sized enclosed and are willing to camp out in it a few nights but staying in a cabin to get some good rest and showers a couple nights is something we plan on as well. Do you have any suggestions?

Here is one place that I have found. I guess what I really need to do is map out what trails I want to run and pick lodging as close as possible. I plan to have a sit down with Boom Boom to get some ideas. I am going to Colorado to ride single track, not truck roads or atv trails, so I need to figure out where the most central location to the most single track would be.

Here is one place that looks pretty good.

http://www.tomichicreektradingpost.com/
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

That place would be good for Sargents area but way too far for Taylor or CB riding
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr