I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Colorado in July

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Colorado in July

Post by Firebolter »

Stinson wrote:
Sounds like good advice!! The hills you cant get back up, is that because they are switch backs or because they are just too steep? I love me a hill climb!!!

BOTH. The one hill in particular we are talking about is part of "Doctor's" trail and is a STEEP nasty, under trees (stays wet) section that snakes back and forth and to ride up it, would be a challenge, but if not to greasy, you could make it. Going down can be very entertaining as well. It is pretty steep in the final section of it. Most of the other "bad" hills have cinder block lining them, so they are good traction wise but still tough, especially if you loose the line, you gonna go downhill quite a ways. I definitely want to ride this again, it is an awesome trail and if it is dry and has been for a while, we SHOULD try to climb it. we can always turn around and go to the stream crossing......... :angel:
Lots of cool bikes---
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

Firebolter wrote: we SHOULD try to climb it. we can always turn around and go to the stream crossing......... :angel:

In!!!!!!!! :dancing:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I just got a new GPS for my bike. It has all of the 100K Topo maps for the US. Pretty sweet. I have uploaded all of the 6 days/rides we did last summer and all 80+ something waypoints I created as we rode, so I can easily duplicate the awesome rides we did and I can now know where guys can bail out before we commit to the big hill at Doctor's.

Sweet unit with a 4 inch touch screen so entering data is uber easy compared to the 60CSx I was using.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

what model did you get?

also, GPS tracks and routes created with a different map do not always display correctly on newer maps. Found that out the hard way :wallbash:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Montana 650t from a GPSMap60CSx. From what it looks like on the unit when I bring up the track, matches well to the topo/trials on the map. It will still provide the "Go this way" at trail intersections by following the track. This is just so I will absolutely take the correct turns onto the right trails when trying to replicate the ride.
Lots of cool bikes---
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Are there no pictures or video from anyone on this trip or the Skinny J trip?

I really wanted to see what I missed out on.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Here's what I've got, didn't get my cell out much. If you look in the upper right on that page you'll see a slideshow button.

http://longboardr.smugmug.com/Motorcycl ... &k=9bm6Bm6

Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Thanks Joe!
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S