I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride - May 5th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride - May 5th

Post by pmullen » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:11 pm

see http://www.stonealley.com/program/WMMA/group/GreenRidge
Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride

The 2nd Annual Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride

Event Details

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Over 100 miles of combined roadway, pavement, gravel, dirt, and unimproved roads/trails.

Motorcycles MUST BE legally tagged and insured with motorcycle-licensed riders.

AMA Membership IS required. If necessary, click here to join or renew your membership before registering for this event.

The Dual Sport/Adventure Ride starts and ends at Little Orleans Campground and Parking.

Directions: Interstate 68 West to Exit 68 (Little Orleans), 6 miles to Little Orleans, Maryland, Follow signs to campgrounds.

Camping is available at Little Orleans Campground. Check their website for pricing and availability.

Breakfast

Breakfast will be served the morning of the ride. It will consist of bagels, donuts, coffee and juice.

Registration Cost

The fee is $40.00 per registered motorcycle.

Registrations received by April 15, 2013 will include a pre-entry packet. The pre-entry packet includes a t-shirt, Green Ridge State Forest Map, and directions for the Dual Sport/Adventure Ride.

Refund Policy

No refunds will be issued.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride - May 5th

Post by Laoch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 am

That's kind of a cool deal. Too bad about the AMA thing.
Bruce

BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 am

FWIW I like the AMA requirement. It makes sure that a wider audience comes. The "authorities" at Green Ridge Park must see the impact that motorcyclists can bring when they ride. I rode this last year and it was a fun. :target:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 am

BillyGoat wrote:FWIW I like the AMA requirement. It makes sure that a wider audience comes.
:shrug:

Or causes folks to not participate because of the requirement.
As for GR, they know the impact of shutting down the ORV.
Bruce

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 am

Although I'm an AMA member, I'm not a fan of the AMA. Sure, they tackle National issues but most National issues are out west. They do little here.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 am

I imagine the AMA requirement is so they get AMA INSURANCE coverage.

I'm a member too because I have to be to run events.

I do NOT like the AMA because they spend big money on and cater to the NUTS fighting helmet laws which is TOTALLY IGNORANT!!!! and definitely NOT in the best interests of motorcycle riders.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am

BigBird wrote:I imagine the AMA requirement is so they get AMA INSURANCE coverage.
nope. I've taken the AMA Risk management Course and you only need to have AMA membership when it is a sanctioned race. For DS rides it is at the discretion of the promoter. Durty Dabbers doesn't require it but most do.
Ken

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 am

BigBird wrote:I
I do NOT like the AMA because they spend big money on and cater to the NUTS fighting helmet laws which is TOTALLY IGNORANT!!!! and definitely NOT in the best interests of motorcycle riders.
Sam,

The last AMA mag I read had an article written by the President and he was NOT a proponent or supporter of ABATE who is the primary advocate pushing to get rid of helmet laws. In my limited knowledge I have not seen the AMA taking a stance trying to get rid of Helmet laws but I could be wrong...

I have also seen the AMA fighting motorcycle only check points. If you don't think this is helping you out as a motorcyclist, wait until you get pulled over for simply being on 2 wheels and then cry about why no body is looking out for you. Guilt by association (of loud dumb ass Harley's) is a very slippery slope.

I am no AMA lover and I could care less about all their racing stuff, but I belong because I am a motorcyclist and they fight the fights that I can not.

Rant over...

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:22 am

should I start an AMA Bitching Thread? I'm just as guilty but we should get back on topic.
Ken

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 am

Kyler wrote:should I start an AMA Bitching Thread? I'm just as guilty but we should get back on topic.
Not to de-rail it further but..... I am not a "joiner" by nature but I appreciate the AMA for a lot of their fights. I used an AMA lawyer a bunch of years ago to fight a ticket I received for riding in an HOV lane on my bike. The VA trooper did not believe it was a federal law that it was permissible, the DA did and dismissed the ticket after a conversation with the AMA lawyer.

Now, to really get things rolling....I agree that helmet laws should be repealed, or not passed in the first place. NOT because I want to or would ever ride with out a helmet but because I DON'T want a government to tell me what I have to do or am not allowed to do when it comes to something that would inflict zero harm to anyone else but myself. I feel the same way about seat belt laws.
/rant
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.