I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

R&T Boyer Farm Charity Trail Ride Sept 14 & 15

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: R&T Boyer Farm Charity Trail Ride Sept 14 & 15

Post by Boom Boom »

Help needed......
I received this email from Dan Barrick last night looking for help at this ride. I have committed to going to the Dabbers trials event so I will not be of much help to Dan.
If any of you going think you can help Dan / R&T out let me know and I will put you in touch with him.
Thanks...

Dans email....
I was planning to attend next weeks D6 event up at Farrandsville PA by the Dirty Dabbers...But instead, I'll be volunteering to help out at the R&T Charity Ride at Boyers Farm in W.VA.
It seems the caterer can't make it, so they need somebody to cook Saturday Lunch and Dinner, plus Sunday Breakfast and Lunch.

As you know, The R&T club has been very supportive of our Trials Group and with all of our projects, events and the New Riding Area.
With out a signal question, anything we request for Trials they have come thru.

I feel it's time we Trials Riders try to help them out for a change.

So what I propose is..The R&T Trials riders would attend the Charity Event..I'll set up my trailer and awnings and bring my grill. We'll cook Burgers and Dogs for Lunch Sat., Fry eggs on Sunday Morning, and Burgers and Dogs Sunday for Lunch. Mark Polling will handle Saturday Night's Dinner.. So 3 easy meals for 250 hungry riders...Piece of cake.

I'm asking for help...

An hour or two from each of you...Then go ride the Trails the rest of the time..There's plenty of Trials riding off the A loop...Just ask Jeff!

Please let me know asap who I can count on..

I'll pick up the food Friday night, plus ice and drinks...But I'll need more ice for Sunday morning..So somebody coming just Sunday can grab that for me?.

Thank you

Dan Barrick
R&T Trials
Maryland Mototrial=
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

hey all - don't forget this ride - it is a good event to support. :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

is it a trail ride and a race or just race. does the require a license. Sounds fun wouldn't mind trying it but I haven't raced before.
2017 YZ250FX
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

yeah i saw the flyer it sounded like a trail ride but the Time Match Format part threw me off
2017 YZ250FX
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I think they are also doing the time match thing, but what that really means is you go and ride a couple of loops and whoever has the most consistent time wins. You're not "racing" and you aren't competing against others. You're just trying to be consistent. And in reality, and in intent, you are just riding and if you happen to get a trophy at the end, awesome! People who use time devices to intentionally match their times at an event like this are missing the point imo.

Also note that riding as fast as you can on a time trial is not a good recipe for success. Consistency is.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

yep i have heard with those things consistancy is the key. Im going to try and make it sounds fun
2017 YZ250FX
chuck marler
DAMN n00b

Post by chuck marler »

"Have coffee pot, will travel" I'm going, and my kids will come out on Sunday to teach Sam how to get up the AA hill.

There are open fields and a grass track for kiddos, as well as 4 different loops of trail which are well marked with blue arrows. There is a 1 mile D loop, for beginner riders where you can learn the finer points of balance and weight distribution in turns ...only a few bumps, a 2 mile C loop for hardy souls with minor obstacles, a 5 mile B loop for dual sporter types that can't resist the hero options, and a 10 mile A loop for enduro studs. Ken rides them all, only pausing to pee in the creek crossings because he hates tadpoles.

The D and C loop are right along the edges of the woods and fields, so there are easy bail-outs. The B and A courses have several bail out points too.

It's two days of riding for a $25 donation, and it's all for charity. Sunday, for no extra charge, you can compete in the timed match trial, an try to ride two of any loop in the same time. Best matching times win prizes.
62Tom
DAMN n00b

Post by 62Tom »

ALCON,
My friend and I plan to be there all day Saturday and we're certainly willing to help R&T club members and/or DAMN people in need. We both ride KTMs (I'm on a 2012 250XC and he is on a 2002 250XC) that will be hauled by a blue jeep/trailer from Maryland. So look us up....ride together....or simply stop by for a snack and BS.
Best,
Tom
P.S. I'm trying to talk a third guy into going but he's noncommital....if so...he'll be with us on a 2011 KTM 250XC and be another warm body willing to assist.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Bugger. It takes an act of God for me to be able to ride 2 weekends in a row...

Have fun guys.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200