I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granville's Western MD Camp & Ride 6/8-6/9

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Re: Granville's Western MD Camp & Ride 6/8-6/9

Post by Longboardr »

Skinny-J wrote:Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. The YZ is coming together; all new swing arm and linkage bearings installed, new chain and sprockets, used 18” rim sourced with a new trials tire installed (my first trials tire so we shall see), re-built and re-valved shock and forks, new steering head bearings and shinny new FMF gnarly pipe and Q2-stealth silencer. All that’s left is for some one to show me how to ride this 2T thing; I hope I like it…..
Sounds like you're all set. I've got a trials this weekend or I'd demonstrate all the things not to do on a 2t. The biggest change for me was getting used to no engine braking. It's not really a problem, just throws you off when you're used to slowing down when you get off the throttle and you drift instead.

Only other thing that comes to mind is let it warm up a little before you get on the throttle, 2t's can cold seize.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. The YZ is coming together; all new swing arm and linkage bearings installed, new chain and sprockets, used 18” rim sourced with a new trials tire installed (my first trials tire so we shall see), re-built and re-valved shock and forks, new steering head bearings and shinny new FMF gnarly pipe and Q2-stealth silencer. All that’s left is for some one to show me how to ride this 2T thing; I hope I like it…..
Ill be there Sat to be 2stroke buddies with you.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

OK looks like I am in...Be out there Friday evening/night.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Everybody send a nice note to the schedulers, if they forget to send me out I'll be there!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Wingfixer wrote:Everybody send a nice note to the schedulers, if they forget to send me out I'll be there!!
I hope you can make it!
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer wrote:Everybody send a nice note to the schedulers, if they forget to send me out I'll be there!!
Is it the VIRGIN schedulers we need to lobby or the old whores you've been working for?

On second thought - Just send Dirty Girl out. We'll take GOOD CARE of her :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BigBird wrote:
Is it the VIRGIN schedulers we need to lobby or the old whores you've been working for?
:lol2: I was thinking the same think! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Jim - where are we camping? down by the building or up top?

I'm negotiating with the bride to come out Friday night.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

BigBird wrote:
These.
BigBird wrote: On second thought - Just send Dirty Girl out. We'll take GOOD CARE of her :loveit: [/size]
I'll pass that along!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Trying to firm up my plans cuz everythings' happening at once. What time is the first riding wave on Friday? Can't wait to ride with the Rat pack but i might have to bail Sat afternoon :rant:

Skinnyj, everybody else has seen this but here is classic footage of yz at granvilles. watch this then follow jack on his smoke machine