I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BORN AGAIN

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

BORN AGAIN

Post by BigBird »

Although this relates to the thread about the Granville June 7-9 Weekend - I felt it deserved it own topic :loveit:

As many of you know, we've had a Polaris RZR side-by-side for a couple of years (since the QOFE gave up riding the FrankenBeta 80) and have ridden it at Mountain Ridge, Boom Boom's farm, Michaud, and twice at Hatfield/McCoy. I have made a few wheel/tire and suspension upgrades and adjustments along the way.

It was always fun and the various drivers, Phil, Wingfixer, Dirty Girl, OFG sam, and most recently Kyler (on the INFAMOUS :lol2: Double Black Diamond trail climb at H/M 2013 :pyndn: have given the QOFE different, fun and often exciting rides!

Well this weekend at Ratino's the RZR was "BORN AGAIN" as the Awesome SUPER RZR!

Ratino's has a variety of terrain and trails unmatched anywhere else that I know of. Plus we had not one but two ACE RZR PILOTS with skills way beyond my imagination - SUPER MAX and the JOKER. (Max is a major Jeeper with a highly modified custom Jeep AND he works at the local CanAm ORV dealer and gets to "test drive" their side-by-sides at Ratino's! The Joker needs no introduction to anyone familiar with this subject.) Thus, both pilots have INTIMATE knowledge of all the GREAT Ratino trails. This is truly an AWSOME COMBINATION!!!

As you may have heard, the QOFE has an incredibly voracious appetite for thrills and excitement :loveit: and is virtually impossible to scare! Well, this weekend her appetite for thrills and excitement was FULLY SATISFIED! And, although she remains impossible to scare, she did tell me that she was gripping the RZR passenger grab bar so tightly that her hands are quite sore :loveit: This happy state of affairs is because SUPER Max gave Gail several long THRILLING rides and Joker added his own version of same including a ride at sunset and then in the dark! The QOFE was in HEAVEN!!! :loveit:

My daughter Stacey also got a ride Saturday and her quote was something like: "WOW! - PEOPLE WOULD PAY $200 FOR A RIDE LIKE THAT! I LOVED IT - BUT I'M NOT BRAVE EONUGH TO DO IT AGAIN! Way better than anything at the amusement parks! I was scared, but I probably would have been even more scared if we had gone slower. Because, at the speeds we were going, the terrain, was coming up so fast that I didn't have time to fully process it, so I didn't have time to fully process the related fears before the next thing was happening!"

On Sunday I finally got my SUPER MAX ride and can DEFINATELY relate to what Stacey said! :lol2: IT was AWESOME! ONLY a highly skilled 21 year old could have the reflexes to do this at those speeds. During my RIDE, Max was constantly spinning the steering wheel from full lock left to full lock right AND switching from 2 to 4 wheel drive and back AND going from full throttle to locked up brakes and back to full throttle (as well as making frequent shifts between low and high gear). We went flat out on twisty double track then turned off to squeeze through 55" wide gaps between the trees onto narrow twisty trails, through the mud rock and grass, down 10 foot near vertical drops, over big rocks, up VERY long steep hill climbs then down the other side, etc., etc., etc., etc. We did everything you could do on a MC and a bunch that a MC wouldn't have a chance at. AND most of this was with the pedal to the metal! We were airborne several times and I think we were up on 2 wheels on some of the fast hard turns! I wouldn't have believed all this was possible if I hadn't actually experienced it! IT WAS AWESOME! An experience I will NEVER forget!

We ran over 10 gallons of gas through the RZR over the weekend! LOTS of folks, including some of the dads and kids got to ride. And BEST OF ALL, young James Ratino (Joker) got to take our gracious host, his 77 year old Grandfather Ratino, for a nice tour of his entire property - which he greatly enjoyed :loveit:

I think the little red RZR is resting content that it did its job very well this weekend!
Last edited by BigBird on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am, edited 11 times in total.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: BORN AGAIN

Post by Rut Row »

I have been giving serious thought to building a long suspension solo RZR-like vehicle and you've stoke the flames a bit.

Have to get a tubing bender and notcher first.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You tell a good story Sam, felt like I was along for the ride.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Boom Boom wrote:You tell a good story Sam, felt like I was along for the ride.

Thanks. AND my aploogies for this line "We did everything you could do on a MC and a bunch that a MC wouldn't have a chance at."

It should have said - We did everything you could do on a MC and a bunch that a MC wouldn't have a chance at - UNLESS BOOM BOOM was the MC rider :jack:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sam I need to drag you to one of the modern trials events, what those kids do on a motorcycle will make your head spin.
I am just a fat old man that only wishes I had the talent those kids have in one finger.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Well there is always someone better - BUT we think you are pretty impressive!

- and the QOFE thinks you're a HUNK :thumbup:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Perhaps we should keep these conversations to PM's :lol2:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Yea - SORRY - I forgot Cindy might be checking in here occasionally :shrug:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Some pictures to go along a great post!
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.