I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

August 11

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

August 11

Post by Boom Boom »

OK, who is signed up for Michaux DS and who is riding Green Marble enduro?
I see on the Green Marble flyer mention of a dual sport class, guess that is for those without a ECCA number.
I am in for the Green Marble and plan to bring a truck load of guys with me, any other DAMN riders "IN".
Perhaps we could try to get on a couple rows together?
FYI, for anyone wanting to ride the Michaux area but does not have a plated bike or wants more trail and less road, I will drop a plug for the SPER enduro. From what I am gathering it will be 2 loops of the same trail and closed course (no plate needed). I need to confirm that also confirm if it will be time keeping or national format.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: August 11

Post by phoo »

I'm planning on Green Marble, and last year it was traditional timekeeping format and they seemed very proud of that fact so I would assume the same for this year.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Im working that weekend and my leave is looking pretty thin. I probably wont be making that this year.

But I had a great time last year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I'm already registered for Michaux. It was a good time last year.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Thats great to hear, you will have some great stuff to ride at Green Marble Enduro, it will be even better this year, more trail less road, we got killer trails all freshly fresh. Try and come Staurday kick and back at the pool then have huge meal for cheap from the Firehouse Ladies then hopefully we will see what we can light on fire. Free Camping in town at the start.

When you have a group together you can enter online at ECEA.org or go to GMER.us print the flyer and send them in by mail. Staple the group of guys you want and check what Class you want to ride in and we will place you all together. If you have a special request or a change after the fact, you can email me at harescrambles--@--comcast.--net

Basically Dual sport class is the same course, the same way so no real reason not to run it in a " " Class as an enduro even if you never did one before... still some rather "dual sport" it so we try to please all. Our enduro has Time Keeping but we also have Start controls too. Never any need for keeping time to have fun, just cruise the road sections at legal speeds and go as fast as you want in the woods, thats it period. A good rider can do well with that approach. When you want to take it further you can.

ECEA membership is free, but if you want to join one of the ECEA clubs (main reason is to keep series points) most times they have dues, $20 or $40 is typical.

Michaux Enduro Sept. 8 is a bit tougher than the dual sport but it is a great run, no tags required. This is not a big bike run, leave the Adventure bikes at home pick the lighter nimble woods bike for this run and shy away from anything 600 or larger.