I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I'm embarrassed, cant wheelie

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bork
DAMN Poohba

I'm embarrassed, cant wheelie

Post by Bork »

I saw this & couldn't believe it!! :poser: How many cc's? Wish I could have seen the start, front wheel on ground. I dont even know how :shrug: I stumbled on it! only thing missing is a rainbow sticker. He should have had girls, maybe an "old Spice" commercial, in the making!!! or what would you do for a Clondike bar?
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: I'm embarrassed, cant wheelie

Post by Hare »

250cc at best, on that ccs dont matter.
they got it up to speed before putting it up, he needed the speed on the front tire to keep balance and keep it going. If you notice on the clips they hold the wheelie until the front tire stops spinning then they change the clip. once the front tire stops spinning the front end becomes a lead weight, for a regular dirt bike thats about 1/2 mile maybe a mile at best. They must have that front wheel balanced well with good bearings.

If you got an XR600 you got one of THE BEST bikes to wheelie and learn how to wheelie on. Make sure its uncorked on both sides. air in and air out.

Go find a friendly, safe paved rarely used steep uphill near you home, hopefully at least 1/2 - 3/4 mile long and able to try a few times each run. if you dont have road gear at least have good gloves, knee, elbow, chest protector, riding boots, heavy pants on, be ready to get off but it probably wont happen, but with that stuff on its a simple slide. On the XR600s get in the lower end of 3rd gear (KTMs 400s-530s use 4th) move your ass towards the rear of the seat. Kind of in one long move pull the clutch in a little to help rev, blip the throttle and pull back on the bars, as it comes up letting the clutch out but keeping your hand on it just in case you need to cut power in a hurry, first few times wont be much from that point just add more and more throttle until you are up close to verticle. On a four stroke the throttle is the control point, up and down, the clutch would be the bail out, brakes are fairly worthless, last thing you want to do is to slam the front wheel down doing 40mph let alnoe 60mph on a knobbie by panic grabbing brake. When up try and conserve throttle and once ready make your shift into 4th and then 5th while still low in rpms, if you conserve throttle and get into 5th you will have gone a good 1/2 mile wheelie, will be rolling 60-70mph and have passed most of the other DAMN riders. 10 two hour sessions would get er done for sure, another 20 would have you steering with the rear wheel.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm no good at wheelies. The little KLR doesn't have the oomph to do it without popping the clutch. Maybe when I change to a 14 tooth front sprocket things will change...
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

I have to echo that the XR6 is one of the best wheelie bikes ever. I learned on that, and then got into street riding. I found it easy to wheelie big sport bikes back then, but I can't do a decent wheelie on my trials bike today. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with me turning into a wimp as I've gotten older. :shrug:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap