I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade work weekend Sept 21 & 22

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Re: Shade work weekend Sept 21 & 22

Post by BillyGoat »

Good thing it wasn't your middle finger that was injured. :cheers:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

phoo wrote:Well this sucks. I just nearly lost a big chunk of the pad of my index finger. Going to hospital for shot and maybe stitches. I'm probably not going to be able to make it. Truck already loaded and everything.

Patrick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Sounds like a good story needs to be added to this post....
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

If I find a good story, I'll add it. Unfortunately, mine is stupid.

I load the truck. I decide it would be a good time to finally start bringing a mat to stand on while changing. I get a mat but it's dirty. While waiting for the vacuum, I sweep off the dirt that is on it from being under my dirt bike in the garage.

Push, push, push...

*crack*

Metal push broom handle cracks while pushing. I lift up before really realizing what's going on. Turns out it cracked right under my index finger and when I lifted up, the crack closed like a jaw on the pad of my finger, nearly taking a huge chunk out of the pad of my index finger. Bled profusely, instantly. Usually big cuts take a moment to start bleeding. Not this one. I run upstairs to run water over it, then hydrogen peroxide, then tape myself closed. Drive myself to the emergency clinic for tetanus shot since I don't remember the last time I got one. Get the shot, cleaned up more, iodine, butterfly stitches, prescription for antibiotics, and promise I won't get it wet for a few days. Go to pick up my prescription, bummed I can't go so I post here, then decide there was no way I wasn't going so I get several types of waterproof bandages and drive up. Bandage the crap out of my finger to the point where perspiration has soaked everything clear through, completely defeating the intent of not getting it wet.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

We also found two lost beagles one an adult female and an female puppy. Both followed us for miles on the rocky singletrack barking most of the way. But the 2 got separated when we met some other riders adn the adult female went with the other riders. The puppy ran with us thru the trail that's just south of the parking lot by herself and every time we stopped she immediately curled up and went to sleep. Got to the parkng lot and the puppy was so tired she wouldn't eat or drink. Lots of ticks on her. Tony Z took her home and took care of her ticks and she went ot the beagle rescue. Of course neither had a collar. Cute dog and was incredible how she could follow us on that rough trail barking most of the way!
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Tony took the /puppy/ and it's been taken care of? Any idea what happened to the mother?

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

phoo wrote:If I find a good story, I'll add it. Unfortunately, mine is stupid.

I load the truck. I decide it would be a good time to finally start bringing a mat to stand on while changing. I get a mat but it's dirty. While waiting for the vacuum, I sweep off the dirt that is on it from being under my dirt bike in the garage.

Push, push, push...

*crack*

Metal push broom handle cracks while pushing. I lift up before really realizing what's going on. Turns out it cracked right under my index finger and when I lifted up, the crack closed like a jaw on the pad of my finger, nearly taking a huge chunk out of the pad of my index finger. Bled profusely, instantly. Usually big cuts take a moment to start bleeding. Not this one. I run upstairs to run water over it, then hydrogen peroxide, then tape myself closed. Drive myself to the emergency clinic for tetanus shot since I don't remember the last time I got one. Get the shot, cleaned up more, iodine, butterfly stitches, prescription for antibiotics, and promise I won't get it wet for a few days. Go to pick up my prescription, bummed I can't go so I post here, then decide there was no way I wasn't going so I get several types of waterproof bandages and drive up. Bandage the crap out of my finger to the point where perspiration has soaked everything clear through, completely defeating the intent of not getting it wet.

~Patrick
Bummer! Did you take broom & Dr bill to Home Depot? & then would tool-dip keep it cleaner? It would also give you better grip! But let it dry before picking, or evidence will give you away! Just sayin.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

The handle was old and I didn't notice the rust until after this happened and honestly I would probably have kept using it even if I did (but maybe not in the future). We used to use the handle as a cannon barrel for bottle rockets, so it was extra dirty when this happened. :-)

Thanks,

Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200