I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Looking to take son riding

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Looking to take son riding

Post by Boneyard »

I would like to take my 11 yr old son riding this (wed-fri) but, being new to the area, I'm not sure where I can go. We prefer off-road but I checked the tracks as well and looks like they are only open on weekends.

I was thinking Stoneleigh Farm but noticed it is adult only. I would appreciate any suggestions you can provide.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Looking to take son riding

Post by Bucho »

On Wed some of us are going to The Cove. However, it is rocky and not beginner friendly.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Bucho wrote:On Wed some of us are going to The Cove. However, it is rocky and not beginner friendly.
Thank you for your reply. Both my son and I rode and raced in New England so we are used to riding rocks. However, he would have difficulty with extreme rock sections. Where is The Cove? Will other kids be riding?
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

The Cove is in Gore, VA -- http://www.motocove.com

I don't remember Massachusetts being nearly as rocky as the riding here. While I've said in the past that I didn't think The Cove was very rocky, in my last outing there I was reminded that there are definitely some pretty long, major rock gardens. If you don't mind long stretches that are a "road" that are all largish, 12"-diameter rocks, you'll be fine. There are also lots of places that are hard-packed dirt. I enjoy it, but it can be tiring, especially if they decide to do the hill climb with the shelves.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boneyard wrote:
Bucho wrote:On Wed some of us are going to The Cove. However, it is rocky and not beginner friendly.
Thank you for your reply. Both my son and I rode and raced in New England so we are used to riding rocks. However, he would have difficulty with extreme rock sections. Where is The Cove? Will other kids be riding?
I think J's son will be coming along. He is about 13-14 I think.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

phoo wrote:The Cove is in Gore, VA -- http://www.motocove.com

I don't remember Massachusetts being nearly as rocky as the riding here. While I've said in the past that I didn't think The Cove was very rocky, in my last outing there I was reminded that there are definitely some pretty long, major rock gardens. If you don't mind long stretches that are a "road" that are all largish, 12"-diameter rocks, you'll be fine. There are also lots of places that are hard-packed dirt. I enjoy it, but it can be tiring, especially if they decide to do the hill climb with the shelves.

~Patrick
The first time there we were like :frustrated: Then we decided we were getting some good practice. The rocks slow us down & we have to pick our way through them....

We are still hoping to go but my work is looking really busy this week. We'll have to let you know on Tuesday check back to the other post (8/21 ride)

Jacob rides a Honda 150rb, what bike does your son ride?
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Boneyard my daughter and I are headed down to wicomico motorsports park on 8/31 it's down southern Md. Not fare from budscreek. We are always looking for other riders to ride with. Check out there web site and see what you think. Thanks Dave.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

J&J wrote:
phoo wrote:The Cove is in Gore, VA -- http://www.motocove.com

~Patrick
The first time there we were like :frustrated: Then we decided we were getting some good practice. The rocks slow us down & we have to pick our way through them....

We are still hoping to go but my work is looking really busy this week. We'll have to let you know on Tuesday check back to the other post (8/21 ride)

Jacob rides a Honda 150rb, what bike does your son ride?
My son rides a KTM 65sx. I checked out The Cove site and would definitely like to try it sometime. However, I only have the day and it's a bit of a hike from me 2.5 hours so I won't be able to join on Wednesday. I'll keep an eye on the boards and post when riding so hopefully I will get to ride with you guys at some point.

Shawn
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Daves08excr wrote:Boneyard my daughter and I are headed down to wicomico motorsports park on 8/31 it's down southern Md. Not fare from budscreek. We are always looking for other riders to ride with. Check out there web site and see what you think. Thanks Dave.
I actually was looking at that site today....its looks like a good time. I may be able to make it on 8/31 so I'll PM you once I'm sure. Thank you for your response!

Shawn
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Sound good let me know.

Dave
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.