I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Seven Mountains Dual Sport Loop Work Day

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
SMCC
DAMN n00b

Seven Mountains Dual Sport Loop Work Day

Post by SMCC »

Hi All,

Trail work on the Seven Mountains Dual Sport Loop has been scheduled for Saturday September 7th. We are renting 2 mini track hoes to do the bulk of the heavy lifting but still need a ton of manpower to build rock walls, create bench cuts and close off the old fall line trail. The trail is off of RT 235 between Troxelville and Glen Iron (central PA). Work starts at 8:00 and Seven Mountains Conservation Corp will provide lunch.

Remember, 2 days of work will get you a free membership which allows you to ride our kick ass trails and support a great cause.

The future of this trail system depends on our willingness to eliminate fall line trails with switchbacks. My count shows 13 sections that will need to have this work completed. The good news is that every one completed will add mileage to the trail system.

We also have our final Mini Dual Sport event on Sunday September 8th so come out and help with the trails on Saturday and ride the Dual Sport on Sunday.

Please e-mail me with any questions. matt@transducerdesign.com

Thanks,

Matt Spigelmyer
Director
Seven Mountains Conservation Corp
www.sevenmountainsconservationcorp.com
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Seven Mountains Dual Sport Loop Work Day

Post by phoo »

I love track hoes, but can you get some tall ones, too? There's just something about boots with long legs, rather than short, stumpy ones, that gets me.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Seven Mountains Dual Sport Loop Work Day

Post by phoo »

On a serious note, I don't know if I'll be able to make it since I'm already doing an all day event on Sunday. But since that all-day event is an hour from where you are, maybe I can convince The Boss to let me do both.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200