I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

kitzmiller/wolfsden 8/30

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
hollywood
DAMN n00b

kitzmiller/wolfsden 8/30

Post by hollywood »

I have a 4 day weekend Friday - Monday planning on going to kitzmiller for camping and riding looking for someone to get in trouble with
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: kitzmiller/wolfsden 8/30

Post by BigBird »

Have you been there recently?

Didn't sound too great based on this post.
http://DAMNriders.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3109

And is a lot farther away than the Cove. If you go please give us a report.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

Yeah I saw that post diggin around the forum a while back. I have been there pretty much every weekend for the last 3 months minus 3 weekends. Then there was the granville weekend and did taskers one day. I have heard The cove boulders are bigger than taskers and taskers was quite interesting. I have only ridden on two trails that had some sections where the canopy and growth were real bad but you could ride through it in seconds. There aren't huge rocks like taskers or the cove(from what i hear) that i have found. I haven't found any real single track there but i don't think i have scratched the surface in finding trails. There's a few hill climbs for different levels scattered all over. Great place to come and chill, camp and ride. Swimming down the road in the river. My friends and i probably did a 2.5hr loop only touching one trail 2X which was the main way to the upper/lower section. That wasn't even a quarter of the place.
Its probably slightly farther than Granville certainly not as close as the cove but i go through winchester on my way there beats I70/68. I think its 3 hours with stopping from my house in NE frederick. There is always quite a few side x sides some of the locals love to cruise around at night. Some of the mudholes are shrinking right now but i would come out to give it a try for a weekend. The only bad thing i can say is the weather changes quickly from great to raining there. Usually evening showers. One day ill catch up with you and try to ride the cove :)
2017 YZ250FX
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Please dont judge Wolfs Den from my comments, it is a killer spot for all the reasons hoolywood expressed, I have had some of my best rides there, definately some of my funnest times, it is a killer location, the river, the locals, the trails it is a mini hatfield mccoy all in one spot and if MD DNR actually holds true to their word that whole area will be crucial to the network they spoke of.

GO TO KITZMILLER!!!

enjoy this spot while you can who knows what may happen here and it will only be a distant memory. and sooner than you think, they all fall eventually.

Here are some cool pics from fun we had and spots to go to... if they work

hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

that first photo, that waterfall thats the one about midway up going to the other side? If you went down that trail you would be at teh big gully looking straight down to the river?
I dont know where that 2nd pic is?
I would be crushed if something happened to this place
2017 YZ250FX
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Woah! What software did you use for that last image? The topo map with the routes on it.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
hollywood
DAMN n00b

Post by hollywood »

yeah i like that topo map too
2017 YZ250FX
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

thats some top secret squirel chit. For Real LOOK AND LEARN, that is the best it gets, but pm me and i can help, some is now unride-able?

let me find some more Kitz pictures, that stuff has been years and years of fun, chit how do i load a video?

Last edited by Hare on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

a few more

Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

sorry you all got me started, LOTS of good times...