I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2014 Trials Schedules

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

2014 Trials Schedules

Post by Rut Row »

I can't do all of them so which of the local trials should I try to make? What are the top 6?

2014 Tentative Trials Schedules

Mid-Atlantic Trials
Sunday, April 6, 2014 Candytown M.C. Elizabethtown, PA
Sunday, April 13, 2014 R&T M.C. Shepherdstown, WV
Saturday, May 3, 2014 White Rose M.C. Jefferson, PA
Saturday, May 31, 2014 OVBSAOC Toronto, OH
Sunday, June 1, 2014 OVBSAOC Toronto, OH
Sunday, July 20, 2014 Mid-Atlantic Trials Taylorsville, MD
Saturday, August 2, 2014 Tricky Tryalers Marysville, PA
Saturday, August 9, 2014 OVBSAOC Toronto, OH
Sunday, October 12, 2014 MD Trials Riders New Windsor, MD
Sunday, October 26, 2014 Tri State Trialers Centreville, DE

AMA District 6
Sunday, April 27, 2014 Candytown M.C. Elizabethtown, PA
Sunday, May 4, 2014 White Rose M.C. Jefferson, PA
Sunday, July 13, 2014 Rausch Creek Tremont, PA
Sunday, August 3, 2014 Tricky Tryalers Marysville, PA
Saturday, August 23, 2014 PA Trials Riders Williamsport, PA
Sunday, August 24, 2014 PA Trials Riders Williamsport, PA
Sunday, September 14, 2014 Durty Dabbers Farrandsville, PA
Sunday, October 5, 2014 XTRA Jersey Shore, PA

National
Saturday, May 24, 2014 RMTA Texas Creek, CO
Sunday, May 25, 2014 RMTA Texas Creek, CO
Saturday, May 31, 2014 AVTA Sedan, KS
Sunday, June 1, 2014 AVTA Sedan, KS
Saturday, June 21, 2014 Rausch Creek Tremont, PA
Sunday, June 22, 2014 Rausch Creek Tremont, PA
Saturday, June 28, 2014 STRA Sequatchie, TN
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 2014 Trials Schedules

Post by Laoch »

Do they all have the same classes?
What about memberships?
Bruce
SherpaT
DAMN n00b

Post by SherpaT »

The SPOTR club trials isn't on the schedule yet, but we are having an MAT trials in Dover PA in August or September. It's not at the same site as previous years, but is in the same general area. We walked the new site on New Year's day, and it looks pretty good. It should be a fun loop, with a nice variety of sections.

You need to join MAT to ride their trials, $10 per year, or $50 lifetime. No AMA required. Most of the MAT entries are $20, some have a small gate fee. There are classes for vintage (air-cooled), and modern (water-cooled), with 4 different lines in each section, from beginner to advanced.

D6 requires AMA, and they were talking about an increased entry fee for non-D6 members, but I don't know if that was enacted. D6 has classes for modern bikes, and I think they tried to start a twin-shock class, but I'm not sure if that went over.

My favorite location is Lock Haven, they always put on a fun trials, and have a great loop. Williamsport is always fun too, at any of their locations. The Tri-state trials is a do-not-miss too!
Adventure, dual sport, and trials (not necessarily in that order)
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Are you asking best to go watch or ride?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

I can't speak to the D6 events - I keep meaning to make a few and keep not making it happen. I would imagine that they are all a good time. I'm not sure what they have for vintage bikes like your Montesa.

For MAVT events, I know that they're all good. You really can't go wrong with any of them. MAVT also has the exhibition class (no points, just have fun) which is an appealing option for some.

Candytown is rocky, but they do a good job of making the 4 (beginner) line pretty tame. It's a lot of fun to ride and spectate there.

The R&T/WV event is at a new location, but R&T has been great in the past so I would expect no less.

White Rose is a great location with an actual club house and clean restrooms (if you're bringing family along, they might appreciate that). It's generally on the easier side and isn't rocky. The 2 day MAVT/D6 format could give a lot of 'bang for the buck' if you wanted to camp and make a weekend of it. The facilities are great for that.

Ohio is a bunch of fun, and is coupled with a vintage swap meet. They do a neat dual sport ride as well which helps make the trip worthwhile.

The Taylorsville event at Roger's house always has nice technical sections and a nice picnic afterward. It's one of the best spectator events too, as the sections are all pretty close to the pits.

I'm not familiar with the Tricky Trialers event, but I'm pleased to see them on the MAVT schedule.

New Windsor has a good mix of terrain and is always fun.

I am biased regarding the Tri-State Trialers event in DE given that it is my club. It's on a fantastic estate and is worth the trip for the location alone.

The SPOTR event is one of my favorites - I'm glad to see that they will be hosting an event. Something about their style of section setup just pushes my buttons (the good ones).

They're all good. Make your choices based on convenience, drive time, etc. Most of all, get out and have fun!!! :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Any (2) day event you get the most bang for the weekend pass.
Most 2 day events listed this year will be MAT (vintage) format on Saturday and D6 (modern) format Sunday.
D6 is hosting a 2-day national this year that will be a "must see".
I would think you will want to attend the events that are reasonably close drive for you.
White Rose / Jefferson has super nice grounds and modestly easy sections so that should be on your list to ride.
Our event in Marysville will be a 2 day this year and we rent the facility next door so we have hot showers available. Come ride the vintage on Saturday and if you feel up to it ride the modern on Sunday or just go out and watch some of the expert sections. I even cut in a much easier loop for the beginners and novice to get around the property.
We (D6) are doing more to get riders involved and that will include a trail bike class along with vintage.
Get someone to travel with, it helps out with fuel cost and helps having a buddy to give you the nudge to go.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thanks! I'm sticking with 1-day events to keep Momma happy for this year. Next year :pyndn: :angel: :shhh:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris