I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

new mexico last week

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
davej
DAMN Expert

new mexico last week

Post by davej »

It was cold but sunny, good riding outside Alamogordo

BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Re: new mexico last week

Post by BillyGoat »

UFO?
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

:lurker:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

There are literally a bunch of missiles, UAV's and all kinds of other stuff flying in and around Alamogordo. White Sands Missile Range is about ~50 miles from there to the west. Holloman AFB is about 10 miles West and Fort Bliss (Large airfield) is about 50 miles south!
When we fire from White Sands, we close US70 and US 380 as we fly targets and missiles right over the highway, so doesn't surprise me if you see "stuff" that is fast as hell streaking across the sky around that part of New Mexico! In fact, I'll be back there in about 4 weeks flying some stuff! No conspiracy, no aliens, it's DoD baby!

If you could get onto White Sands Missile Range property, you ought to see some of the stuff there. The roads going up to Salinas Peak are AWESOME. I have ridden a Quad type vehicle up that 15 miles and it is so fun. Would love to take the Berg there, good riding off road and on road. Dual Sporting or ADV riding there is really good.

If you are there around April 5th, that's the next "Trinity Site" Open House. That's where they did all the nuclear testing (the first nuclear explosion) back in the 45. Cool place.
http://www.wsmr.army.mil/PAO/Trinity/Pages/default.aspx

Lots of cool bikes---
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Not a ufo but a crow. I think area 51 is to the north... Its a crappy video if you click on it but it kind of shows the scale of the area there.

Good info, bill! I'd like to go back sometime. I was in El Paso and had two days to kill so I went towards Cloudcroft. Had to stop in Alamogordo because I didn't want to drag a huge trailer up the mountain (or down) I was pulling a 28 foot Gooseneck loaded and got about 13 mpg on the way home. 7.3 power

I was turned back from this trail, too much snow but it looked like your kind of terrain

Huge bristlecone pines I think

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

that is definitely a trail that only Bill would love :barf:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I get wood looking at that trail! :roost: Me likeee! Hey when you're not as fast as you used to be, I need the rougher terrain to level the playing field!

Yup, that place is real cool. If you do go back, let me know. Can send ya to alot of cool places and if you were to get in a bind while there, I have some good friends that could always help out. I spend alot of time there. Kinda my SW home away from home! :thumbup:
Lots of cool bikes---