I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux DS Aug 24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Michaux DS Aug 24

Post by Laoch »

Just got back from doing about 100 miles in the northern part of Michaux...a pre-run if you will :lol2: :roost:
The roads are in good shape. Weather was/is perfect. Long range weather looks good.
Bruce
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Dirtygrunt,

You don't happen to have a GPS log of this trek, do you? I fail miserably on trying to put a route together so when people are visiting from out of town I can show them around on DS.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

BTW, I received my rider packet even though I only mailed in last week. So I'm in. Yay!

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

phoo wrote:Dirtygrunt,

You don't happen to have a GPS log of this trek, do you? I fail miserably on trying to put a route together so when people are visiting from out of town I can show them around on DS.
:lol2: I'm a tech failure. I have a 2610 and it was running. I mostly go from memory and carry DCNR paper maps. I've been riding Michaux since I was a teenager. Even on the DS rides I mostly just go my own way and show up for the food :eats:

The best way is for me to highlight roads on a paper map for you.
Bruce
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

So, it looks like 7 of the 10 options are in the first half, and they seem to be harder overall.

Who's in the Options Assault Team, and while I don't need to be back by noon, does anyone object to the "let's not slouch and take until 2p to finish the morning loop" idea? :)

Thanks,

~Patrick
1975 Harley FXE1200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm gonna do what I can to do as many as I can. This is my first real DS ride, though. I've done what I can to make my KLR250 the best it can be for this ride, so we'll see how it goes. My buddy is also coming on his DL650, so I might have to amend my route to be kind to him. We'll be arriving on Saturday sometime and putting around the roads and camping overnight so we're there bright and early Sunday morning.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

phoo wrote:I'll drive up in the morning, ride, and go home in the evening.
This is what I'm doing also - too busy Saturday to go up early
dirtygrunt wrote:Who's in the Options Assault Team
I've gotta take a look at the descriptions, on the KTM I'd be an assaulter with ya, but I'm a little leery that on the 650 I'm gonna be assaulted :frustrated: Haven't had it on anything tougher than dirt roads, guess I'll see how the early ones go and take it from there...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

stretchride wrote:I've gotta take a look at the descriptions, on the KTM I'd be an assaulter with ya, but I'm a little leery that on the 650 I'm gonna be assaulted :frustrated: Haven't had it on anything tougher than dirt roads, guess I'll see how the early ones go and take it from there...
Bucho never let an option slow him down on his DR650 ... just sayin' :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

Haha valid point. Saw Bucho's brother recently and he told tales of Bucho flipping end over end, broken collar bone, mayhem, etc :amazon:
Not only is he a better rider than me, but he may be crazier as well :screwy: :poser:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

stretchride wrote:Not only is he a better rider than me, but he may be crazier as well :screwy: :poser:
ahem ... any police officer who prefers the night shift in Wheaton is ... well ... :screwy: ... :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris