I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Motorcrosss to Dual-Sport conversion questions.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Re: Motorcrosss to Dual-Sport conversion questions.

Post by hondahawkrider »

I would call the MVA before you show up to see if it's possible... IIRC it became a pita to stamp some titles "for offroad use only" and it was too easy to sanitize the titles that way.. Some states don't put the stamp on the titles, but go by the vin #.. I think it was if it was a Z in a certain spot the MVA would not allow you to get a legal titled issues.. I can't remember all the details - but I remember ready about a folks having issues and problems on the west coast.. I hadn't heard of anything on the East coast, but it's been about 2 years since I tagged my KTM SXC for street legal duty..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

Well, it took some time but the bike finally has a plate on it. Was actaully easier than I thought it would be though. Ended up making my own wiring harnesses and kept the bike just barely legal. Maryland has a lot of requirements to get it to pass, but if done right then the bike still looks like it belongs in the woods. The MVA was a breeze too. If anyone needs to know what the inspection for MD looks for, let me know and I'll send you their inspection list. Had a place in Elkridge, across from the large Harley dealership, do the inspection.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Allright Dingo!!! We'll all look for your 450 terrorizing the streets of Ashton/Olney.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

Bucho wrote:Allright Dingo!!! We'll all look for your 450 terrorizing the streets of Ashton/Olney.
Yeah, I did one pass around Tucker Lane to 108 to 650 and back. I think that was enough. Neighbors don't hate me yet, wanna keep it that way. ......................but DAMN if it didn't feel great! :roost:
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Dingo, sent you a PM.
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

CapoGreg wrote:Dingo, sent you a PM.
I responded (pretty lengthy!).