I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Machine Shop Recommendation?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Machine Shop Recommendation?

Post by BigBird » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:13 pm

I live in Frederick (Braddock Heights) and just need a steering stem pressed out of a triple clamp, turned down to a smaller diameter and pressed back in place.

Looking for recommendation on where to take it.

THANKS!

OFG
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Machine Shop Recommendation?

Post by Rut Row » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:32 pm

call Curtis at Full Circle V-Twin in Hagerstown. (240) 347-4663

Tell him I sent ya.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:34 pm

X2 for Curtis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:21 pm

I had one excellent result with Curtis. BUT the last time is was pretty much a disaster. He took a month to do a one or two hour job even after I told him I REALLY needed it in a few days (2 weeks into the month) and sort of refused to answer my inquiries as to what was happening. etc. So I need to go somewhere else.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:34 pm

BigBird wrote:I had one excellent result with Curtis. BUT the last time is was pretty much a disaster. He took a month to do a one or two hour job even after I told him I REALLY needed it in a few days (2 weeks into the month) and sort of refused to answer my inquiries as to what was happening. etc. So I need to go somewhere else.
I had a similar experience several years ago. I thought he was reformed. Hopefully that was an exception.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Bill Coleman Linthicum MD. A bit of a drive for you but he will do a good job and not burn you on cost. 410-799-2906 I've known Bill since I was a kid and he's always been busy so if you're in a hurry he may not be your guy. Nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:04 pm

anotherguy wrote:Bill Coleman Linthicum MD. A bit of a drive for you but he will do a good job and not burn you on cost. 410-799-2906 I've known Bill since I was a kid and he's always been busy so if you're in a hurry he may not be your guy. Nicest guy you'll ever meet.
A buddy of mine tells me all kinds of stories from when he used to work at Coleman Brother Speed Shop; I think Bill was one of the owners. From the stories, it was a pretty fun place to work....

trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Skinny-J wrote:
anotherguy wrote:Bill Coleman Linthicum MD. A bit of a drive for you but he will do a good job and not burn you on cost. 410-799-2906 I've known Bill since I was a kid and he's always been busy so if you're in a hurry he may not be your guy. Nicest guy you'll ever meet.
A buddy of mine tells me all kinds of stories from when he used to work at Coleman Brother Speed Shop; I think Bill was one of the owners. From the stories, it was a pretty fun place to work....
Man that was a great place. I spent many my days in my youth there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:36 pm

I have a lathe but no press.
Ken

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:06 pm

trialsrider wrote:
Man that was a great place. I spent many my days in my youth there.
Wow, small world. Did you know a counter-guy named Tom Lenhoff? That's my buddy...