I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Todd34
DAMN Wanabe

Re: DAMN Reunion 19-21 May 2017

Post by Todd34 »

I had a great time riding with you guys. It was cool to connect screen names to bikes even though I still have a hard time remembering real names....

I got there on Friday just in time to miss the group going out. But Bucho and Adam rolled by a bit later and took me along. I had a blast.

I was setting up camp later and found out that flip flops aren't so great for driving tent stakes.
A torch and a big f'ing hammer
Success!
KTM 500 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BamBam wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 2:03 pm And for the record, I return after an absence of 3-1/2 decades ! You guys humbled me with skill and patience as I bumbled through the day, but I very much appreciate all the help :cheers:
well, you will look like a pro next to me whenever I finally get to ride again. :chicken kiss:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

When looking at the post reply screen at the top---Third menu bar down with only two icons- orange cloud and the " play" icon---use "play" icon to post vids
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:28 am awesome pics! Had to go research that trailer. That thing is trick.
Its pretty cool, he found it used on craigslist for a decent price. When its folded down bikes/quads or other gear can be tied on top of it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

I'm done with riding also.
Had to ride alone, but I found that I can ride harder when I don't have to worry what others will think of me :lol2:

Started with Gunners run, then Shimrock (accidentally twice :lol2:) on the second run tried hard section, wasn't that bad. Easier than the back section at Granville's :)

Then came back to see last guys heading out home. After that headed towards Davy crocket and noticed a hill climb sign. Went left and climbed easy, then from above found that forked one. From top I was sure I can't go down safely :chicken kiss: . but came closer and it was not that scary any more, so went down and then up and was surprised that going up its way less scary than going down :D turned out it was pretty easy.
Then did Davy Crocket, GentleBen, Turtle trail twice. On second run wanted to do it w/o putting a foot down. Almost did, but stalled in one tight turn :frustrated: ;didn't ride through deep mud though, in first run found some :lol2:
GentleBen's doubled hillclimb also conquered a couple of times.
Then tried bike trail #1, spotted a deer immediately, then after couple of turns almost ran over a tiny rabbit, luckily he was fast enough. Those up-down hills there were intimidating, but didn't stop to think and made through in a breeze :D
After that decided to go last one - the Chuck Wagon. But it was too short and pretty easy despite the sign telling it is harder stuff. Then decided I need one more and went for Wild Bill. That start section was pretty hard for me, had to stop for rest once :knary: and second time stopped to look at guys winching out a buggy.
Almost ran out of gas at last (filled it before the Cove and also did Granville's ride in between). Had to switch to reserve :lol2:
Even found some guys being slower than me :loveit:
It would've been cool if I had some company on second part, but anyway I enjoyed the ride as always.
Every day is a good day when you ride
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Great riding with everybody this weekend. Will definitely need to get back up there again :thumbup: It has been a while since I've ridden in the rocks/technical trails, DAMN I've gotten bad at them :screwy:

Apparently my camera got put in to picture mode early in the day yesterday so I ended up with 10,000 pictures instead of video :dry: I believe new guy Ray was running video also, hopefully he had better luck with it :lol2:

Sorry to hear @Nobody that you had to ride solo.
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Sun May 21, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

Bucho wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:49 pm I didn't see exactly what happened, but it looks like Skip had trouble up a section.
"Why, friend? Why have you forsaken me??!?"

I was *way* off my game yesterday. really disappointing to not be able to make it up/through stuff I usually don't have any issues with

Still... better than being at work, or even worse, at home on the couch!
Disaster Racing
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 5:12 pm Apparently my camera got put in to picture mode early in the day yesterday so I ended up with 10,000 pictures instead of video
make a time lapse!
Disaster Racing
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:23 am
Bucho wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 12:56 am
BigBird wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:45 pm Has anyone heard from LooseScrew on the single track situation?
I think he changed his screen name to Tigerballs or something like that
Nah, He is and always will remain LooseScrew to his DAMN faithful; it's his Mountainridge alter-ego that is known as "Jungle-nuts".....
LOL too funny guys! Sorry I've been away so long. First of all I never change my screen name but I did have the nickname jungle nut not Tiger balls. Haha...
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike
Loosescrew
DAMN Expert

Post by Loosescrew »

It was great to see old friends and a couple new riders. Much better turnout than usual this year thanks to the weather. I'm always glad to hear the positive feedback on the singletrack and that it has become the singletrack destination…

After everybody left Rob The manager, my buddy Craig and I finished that section on shamrock. I don't know how many people got to do that section other than three of you. Hope to see you all again soon and thanks for coming out.
CBR 1000RR
YZ450F supermoto
13 yz 250
21 yzx 250
98 CR 500
Piranha 190 pit bike