I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

at what point?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

at what point?

Post by mdubya »

At what point do you start becoming freighteningly like your father?

I suppose it has been coming on for years; saying things like, "well, my dad used to always say..."

So, here I am down on my knees, pulling the rear wheel off my KTM, wearing old dirty clothes that I hope no one sees me in, getting down to the business of changing out the rear wheel bearings. The good part is, I had to look to the sky and ask my dad and my brother, "do you see what I am getting away with here?" ... as I used my kitchen counter top and dining room table for staging new parts and for examing the extracted parts ... the scary part is the old dirty clothes, the unwashed hair pushed up on one side from sleeping on it, the need for a magnifying glass to read what size socket I am holding, the need for a blinding light to see the details of anything, the holding of items at arms length and moving them back and forth trying to focus on the details of said item. Holy crap, when did all this happen?

Sorry for rambling. I need to go trim my ear hair now.

Where is the old guy smilie?

You kids get offa my lawn dammit ... :fitz:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: at what point?

Post by Rut Row »

I know the feeling. My brothers found a recent pic of me that looks almost exactly like my Dad. And my speech patterns have become similar to his. :angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

:lurker: He's gonna snap.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

now that I am a impending father... and all the stuff I am feeling and considering not to mention having to plan and go thru

My father is smarter and more patient than I gave him credit for.............
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I can relate -- I've hit the point at which I find it easier to read the numbers on jets if I take my glasses off, and my knees click and grind like a bad CV joint whenever I kneel down to do anything. Oh, yeah, and all that shit I broke way back when all hurts now. If I'd realized I just might live past 40, I'd have treated my body better. Maybe.

:boohoo:

a