I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Laoch »

So....will that make it track weird or feel off center ? Corner better one way than the other?
I assume the disc lines up with the caliper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I know the supermoto guys offset their rear wheels for chain /tire clearance sometimes but I don't how the front wheel being off center would have affected the bike. But it is centered in the forks now, whenever I put the Husky back together I'll have to change the offset back again on whatever wheel goes on it.

The caliper/disk line up fine as it is all Husky parts, nothing custom other than changing the offset of the rim on the hub.

My new clutch pack and pressure plate came in today. The last few rides I noticed the clutch wasn't grabbing hard and felt like it was slipping some. Pulled it apart and the PP had visible wear.

New vs old. You can see the ring on the inside vs the new one being smooth from edge to edge.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

gots_a_sol wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:14 pm I know the supermoto guys offset their rear wheels for chain /tire clearance sometimes but I don't how the front wheel being off center would have affected the bike. But it is centered in the forks now, whenever I put the Husky back together I'll have to change the offset back again on whatever wheel goes on it.

The caliper/disk line up fine as it is all Husky parts, nothing custom other than changing the offset of the rim on the hub.

My new clutch pack and pressure plate came in today. The last few rides I noticed the clutch wasn't grabbing hard and felt like it was slipping some. Pulled it apart and the PP had visible wear.

New vs old. You can see the ring on the inside vs the new one being smooth from edge to edge.

That is a big wear lip....I say you milked out all the life you could.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Swapped in a fresh set of sla batteries in the Oset. A lot more peppy now, caught me off guard and almost looped it, ended up yanking in the rear brake lever as if it were the clutch and DAMN near went over the bars :lol2:

Might see about trying to adapt a foot lever to make it more dirt bike like for the little one (and myself)
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

gots_a_sol wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:15 pm Swapped in a fresh set of sla batteries in the Oset. A lot more peppy now, caught me off guard and almost looped it, ended up yanking in the rear brake lever as if it were the clutch and DAMN near went over the bars :lol2:

Might see about trying to adapt a foot lever to make it more dirt bike like for the little one (and myself)
Quite a few adults loop it (usually end up just hopping off back and catching it).
Between the short wheelbase and the power coming on quicker than you think its easy to do!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Worked on fixing the firewall I had hacked up for the v8 I was trying to use in my 54. Ugh, what a pain.

Tack tack tack

Grind grind grind

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Bought a toy hauler. Attacked it with the eraser wheel for a few hours today.

No Harleys here

Guess I'll need a new sticker here to cover the fade.

I dont understand why they put these stupid graphics on rvs/campers. Half this shit was peeling off.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Pulled the grill out of my new to me truck and gave it the plastidip treatment as I don't like chrome.

Before

During

After. Much better.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Knocked the 'new' 250 off the stand the other day and snapped the clutch lever :censored:
So what do you do? Tusk $12 replacement? Nope, stare at it a while and decide to weld it back together. While I'm at it, cut about 20mm out and make a proper shorty lever. Though now that I've played w/ it, might grind a bit of the 'ball' off and just leave an out-turned lip.
20210530_weld_short_clutch_lever_r800.jpg
20210530__short_clutch_lever_r800.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I watched my daughter change out the done bone on her KLX 140G for a lowering link and change the oil/filter on it. It looks a little funny to have full size wheels on it and be lowered but when her legs get a little longer we can put it back. It dropped it about 1.75" in the back and we raised the forks in the triple clamp about 3/4". It had been previously dropped and cocked the bar risers a little. We disassembled and straightened all that up as well. Nothing left to do now but get her out on the trial on it.

Don't tell her mom that I let her get on it wearing shorts:

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain