I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by gots_a_sol »

Wrapped up the lowering job. Threw new front struts on that were for a 2wd truck which lowered the front another inch. Shorter rear shackles raised the rear up an inch. Now with about 5 psi in the air bags the rear is about an inch higher than the front, which is just what I was after.

Probably going to zip off the running boards as not really necessary any more.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Good looking truck! I agree it would be cleaner without the side steps, the front air dam as well, could ruin it on a parking curb. Last trucks I lowered were my ram RT trucks with Mcgaughy kits. Just 2/3 kits and added appropriate air lift bags to do truck stuff still. Never had the skills to do the job you did on yours but always admired them, drop spindles etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

You're lowering your truck yet I keep eyeing the LMTV that is parked near our office. I hear some of them have a small crane. Would be useful(necessary?) to load bikes onto it.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Shop progress…
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Nice. One day I'll have a shop with a lift.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

After seeing J&J 's nice lift, I dont think I need one. Where's your address? I hope it pick up my E350 diesel15 passenger ford van? :lol2:
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Where did the boat go?
motorider
DAMN n00b

Post by motorider »

That’s a sweet lift! I’ve been trying to work on my bikes in the garage but my electric heater is not up to the task. Runs all day and only gets to 40 degrees. Anyone have suggestions for portable garage heaters?
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

motorider wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:14 pm That’s a sweet lift! I’ve been trying to work on my bikes in the garage but my electric heater is not up to the task. Runs all day and only gets to 40 degrees. Anyone have suggestions for portable garage heaters?
Propane "jet" style heater. It will have you opening the doors.
Bruce
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Bork, lol like having a truck when somebody needs to move something right? And you might need a friend with a bigger lift. This is a 10k but vans need some height.

SJ, I scrapped the boat, sold the trailer and motors a while ago. I collect projects and that one was too much without the uncle that was going to help.

Motorider, I have a heat pump/ac unit but heat with a wood stove. Wood is a pain and messy but cheap for me. Insulation is the key, it will stay above 40 for days. I also have a large kerosene heater but it’s very loud and toxic without ventilation. It will knock the chill out of there in 15 minutes though.

Now back to the Mustang Coyote swap project…