I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
davej
DAMN Expert

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by davej »

20220222_155835.jpg
20220222_155835.jpg (4.13 MiB) Viewed 34610 times
Still working on my barn, good progress though
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

More trailer work. Had to rework the fenders as the old wheels had the wrong offset and the new trailer spec wheels had them sticking out. I ended up moving them out exactly 2" on each side.

These fenders were 72" length which is 6" longer than needed for the wheel size it has.

A set of 66" fenders were a bit over $200, so I just made these ones tighter by pie cutting the radius and tucking in the ends.

I am making the fenders bolt on/removeable if necessary for whatever I'm loading on there.

The mounts also function as a small side step and light mounts. Hoping these cheapo rock lights work decently as reverse lights, if not I'll throw some pod lights on it

This is how much the ends are tucked in on the fenders

Making them match

I like having inner fenders to keep crap off the trailer deck. Didn't have a long enough piece of steel on hand so had to piece it together.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I like your IH! My first vehicle was an old R-120 that I bought for $10 in 1968. I drove the piss out of that. Sure wish I still had it.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:45 am I like your IH! My first vehicle was an old R-120 that I bought for $10 in 1968. I drove the piss out of that. Sure wish I still had it.
Long term project. Really I dove in too deep from the start and lost motivation on it. Always seem to have some other project that needs attention these days.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I failed to take a pic, but I taught a coworker how to operate a clutch and ride a dirtbike.
He used the little Kawasaki KLX140L. He did fairly well.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:16 pm I failed to take a pic, but I taught a coworker how to operate a clutch and ride a dirtbike.
Teaching how to operate a clutch is a real skill. Good on you for opening up a new experience for your coworker.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:54 am
Bucho wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:16 pm I failed to take a pic, but I taught a coworker how to operate a clutch and ride a dirtbike.
Teaching how to operate a clutch is a real skill. Good on you for opening up a new experience for your coworker.

I had invited some guys to come up and shoot. He stayed after and helped me chainsaw a few things. Then I told him I was going to ride a little and I had a small bike extra if he wanted to give it a try.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

My latest job I have been working on. Getting pretty darn good at it too!

Imagedrip by WILLIAM HUGHES, on Flickr
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You making fuel??? LOL
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Worked on the trailer some more. Have all the major welding done except for moving/replacing the jack, adding the tilt ram (blocked by the jack's current location), and replacing the coupler (this is a because I want to mod). Started ripping out all the old wiring to start fresh. I need this to move a crate at work on the 19th so that is the deadline I've set for myself. Hopefully the rain and snow fucks off so I can work on the DAMN thing more.

Old crappy safety chains were just attached by welding a few links in place. This is not the proper way to attach safety chains because the welding can weaken the links. Also they were heavily rusted and didn't have hooks.

New 3/8" chains with the proper weld on attachment point. If I had a do over I would have welded them on the inside instead of outside and maybe had them at an angle, oh well.

All the fender mounts are done, just need to do the filler piece on the inside pass. side fender. I set riv-nuts in the trailer side mounts so I can unbolt the fenders if needed.

I had to space the fenders out 2" on each side to properly cover the tires and was able to fit another stake pocket in between the axles in the tie down dead zone (as the fenders are usually in the way). Should make strapping crap down easier in the future.

Lights and wires, so fun...

So I was working on this a few weeks ago and my neighbor walks over to chat. He is a collector of anything and everything. I mention how I'll have to turn the trailer around to finish welding on the tongue as my welder can't reach that far. He looks at the plug and says he thinks he has an extension cord laying around. Sure enough after 20 mins of looking around his garage, he finds a 50'-ish cord with the same plugs on it. Now I can reach all the way out to the street with my welder haha. Even with the welder cranked way up being on the extension made no effect which was my only concern.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0