I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by juddspaintballs »

I cleaned the carburetor off of an early '70's International Harvester 1700 with a 345 gas motor. The truck has sat a couple years, so I figured I'd clean the carburetor before I tried starting it. I'm getting the truck for free as long as I can get it home.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:23 pm I cleaned the carburetor off of an early '70's International Harvester 1700 with a 345 gas motor. The truck has sat a couple years, so I figured I'd clean the carburetor before I tried starting it. I'm getting the truck for free as long as I can get it home.

That will make a nice bike hauler :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I was gonna say tow it home. Then I saw the picture.
What would you do with that?
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I gave up on the BRP for now. After trying to get it started, there was smoke coming from the fuse area to the left of the battery. :shrug:
I did rebuild the starter and change front brakes pads.
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Farm truck
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I also installed a Motoz Tractionator GPS front tire on the 1090 yesterday. The TKC-80 was cupping after about 6500 miles and I'm heading to Florida on Monday on the 1090 so it needed replaced. We'll see how I like it. I have the matching rear tire on there and it works very well.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Working on putting the Tr32 back together.Image

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Stuck the fenders and the grill back on the IH so I could get a better feel for how the engine bay was working out. Also wanted to see how the radiator, condenser, and intercooler were going to sit.

Lots of room for a fan/shroud (I can move the rad another inch or two forward yet, this is just resting on the edge of the factory crossmember)

Hmm, could have gone a little wider on the intercooler to fill out the opening better. Oh well.

Drove a lot today to pick up some seats for it also. They are front a Pontiac GTO. The aftermarket makes some decent seats but you just can't beat a factory unit for comfort (I have some Corbeau seats to offload now haha).

The drivers seat has the factory power base on it which is why it is sitting taller. Didn't get one with the pass seat. The base goes up/down, forward/back, and tilts front/back. Nice self contained unit actually. Wiring is just power and ground, super easy. I'll need to shorten the base I had mocked up though as I like the seat height where it is but the base is fully collapsed and I'd like to have some adjustment other than up.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

That truck is gonna look so cool when you get it all done.

I replaced the fuel pump with a Taiwanese FP and a 10micron billet fuel filter in the 500 yesterday and added the Acerbis 3.1 gallon tank. Got it all buttoned up and today I'll finish the build/set up with a Rekluse Radius X auto clutch. Then the 500 will be ready to rage.

Signed the contracts to sell the house in Florida too! Made some sweet coin in just 3 years! All about the timing! Bought low, put in a few grand to spruce it up and sold high! Sweet!
Lots of cool bikes---
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

I broke the cardinal rule this week, "don't start a new project before finishing the one your working on". It is a project to outfit the shop with more tools so technically it doesn't count as starting a new project.

Last weekend I found a CNC converted Vertical Mill. I had planned on converting one myself but all the hard work was done on this one and just needs some touch ups (like a BOB instead of direct wiring to the parallel port). Before going to pick it up I had to figure out a way to get it off the trailer. So Saturday was spent transporting a 12x12 gantry and hoist.

Sunday I went and picked up the Mill and drug it home. All day affair and just left it sitting on rollers at the front of the garage.

The rest of the week was spent getting it into position, off the rollers and re-assembled. I have the Head trammed in and made my first cut to test functionality.

This weekend I need to replace the front brakes of my Tow vehicle as they were making some concerning noises at the end of trip (just did the rears). Thanks Ford for the lovely brake design that seizes calipers faster than I wear out tires. I think I'll also start on making a few oddball accessories for the mill, like a collet holder, place to put parallels and hold down kit.
Attachments
IMG_4046.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4037.jpg