I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

new guy here from Washington county MD

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: new guy here from Washington county MD

Post by smdub »

^ ok. I always forget there is the X version! Nevermind ;)

I have a friend who rides MX w/ his YZ250F and says it's a horrible woods bike. Rides a TE310 on trails.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
jeffg
DAMN n00b

Post by jeffg »

smdub wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:25 pm ^ ok. I always forget there is the X version! Nevermind ;)

I have a friend who rides MX w/ his YZ250F and says it's a horrible woods bike. Rides a TE310 on trails.
Not a 4 stroke a YZ250 or a YZ125 2 stroke and the run great in woods and rocks I rode many CR250's to death in the rocky mountains. All you need is fuel bark busters are nice. When I was learning to ride I used to use the pipe protector the skid plate cut my bars shorter for tight woods. Nope just ride it plane. Whatever anyone else ride is just fine no matter to me except quads I don't ride with quads.
jeffg
DAMN n00b

Post by jeffg »

Marylander wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:49 pm I thought the YZs had the sought after suspension. You see a buttload of them at woods races, 2nd only to the KTMs.
I have only ridden cr's but am going to switch to yz because well no more cr's. They work great everyone used to ride them until crf's came out. I'm soo GLAD that we have riders I'm really looking forward to getting back out.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Welcome! I pass right by Hagerstown on many of my trips into PA to ride. Many of us have both dual sport and dirt or trials bikes as well. You'll be able to find some co-conspirators no matter how you like to ride.

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
jeffg
DAMN n00b

Post by jeffg »

Twist wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:43 am Welcome! I pass right by Hagerstown on many of my trips into PA to ride. Many of us have both dual sport and dirt or trials bikes as well. You'll be able to find some co-conspirators no matter how you like to ride.

Wes
I'd ride a dr400 if that is what I had, but all I have now is my 3 rail and all my gear an a 3 full box's of parts for cr's. Oh and my cb750four, Thanks for all the nice welcomes, you guys are great can't wait to ride with you guys.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

What year CB750? I had a 1978 CB750K, the last year of the single overhead cam. I rode the piss out of that thing. Just out of high school, living in New England, dodging ice puddles and freezing my butt off because I was wearing whatever random "gear" I could find.

It's funny that I will actually willingly ride in even colder weather now, but it's cheating when you have an actual riding suit and electric heated clothing. Back then, I only had youth and enthusiasm to keep me warm. I remember there was a bridge halfway back to school that I would stop under to take a bit of a nap to warm up before continuing. Good times.

Anyway, I hope you get a replacement bike soon! If you like the type of riding where trimming your bars is a good idea, we can get you what you're looking for. Or big bike friendly stuff, and everything in between. And also trials. The group has gotten pretty diverse over time.

Thanks,

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Isn't the Yanis bike still available somewhere :shrug:

DRZ400E ?
Bruce
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Laoch wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:17 am Isn't the Yanis bike still available somewhere :shrug:

DRZ400E ?
Nope. Gone with the help of SkinnyJ. :cheers:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nobody wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:19 am
Laoch wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:17 am Isn't the Yanis bike still available somewhere :shrug:

DRZ400E ?
Nope. Gone with the help of SkinnyJ. :cheers:
:thumbup:
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Welcome! A bunch of us have ridden in Colorado for years and know the Crested Butte area well. Trust me, rocks in Pa are NOTHING like rocks in Colorado. Sometimes when I am in Pa riding, I miss Colorado and how much easier it is to ride! Seriously, Colorado is so nice and flowing, but back east, just round the corner is a field of pain filled with basketball size loose rocks and snotty roots! It is good fun and there is alot of riding in this part of the country within 3 hours of the DC area.
Lots of cool bikes---