I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Post by Twist » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Laoch wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:59 pm
Don’t look for me. Mother had a trip the ED and is now admitted. Father with Parkinson’s. Wtf :wallbash:
Y’all ride safe.
Sorry to hear that Bruce. Well wishes.

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 am

Laoch wrote:
Don’t look for me. Mother had a trip the ED and is now admitted. Father with Parkinson’s. Wtf :wallbash:
Y’all ride safe.
Dang Bruce, sorry to hear about the parents. Hope she gets better soon.
Lots of cool bikes---

phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo » Sat May 01, 2021 5:47 pm

Laoch wrote:
Y’all ride safe.
Sorry to hear it. I hope it all works out for the best.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200

WWWRU
DAMN n00b

Post by WWWRU » Sat May 01, 2021 8:13 pm

It was fun riding with you guys today. Kind of bummed I only rode one day, would have loved to hang with you guys at the campsite. Next time and thanks for the ride!

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sun May 02, 2021 2:29 pm

We had a great ADV ride this weekend. A nice ride all the way up thru Michaux and then headed west on great backroads. It was nice having the majority of the guys each having the route loaded on phone/gps.
My first time doing that, it was cool. But it made the ride much easier to have the ride be a little “looser”. Not having to wait for the entire group and letting people split into smaller groups.

At one locked gate our group was split up. Just Wes and I went one way around, while the rest of the group went another. That was one of the best spots of the Day1. Great twisty back road that turned into a long dirt section. Very smooth. Wes was leading and I couldnt believe how fast he was hustling that big GS along. I couldnt have passed him if I wanted to. After that section we had a nice lunch at an Amish run deli. The group mostly caught up around that point.
Turned out to be the last dirt section of the day. (Had some issues w/ locked gates...). But still a fun ride. That evening Bill got us all pizza and wings for dinner. Thanks Bill that was great

Day 2 I took us on a short tour of Greenridge St Pk in the morning. Then we made Pawpaw WV by 12-12:30. The ride pretty ended there, with everyone splitting and going separate ways.

This was first big test of the WR250R. All in all Im pretty happy with the bike. This was about as much pavement as Id want to ride with it and it did fine. For many long sections of the ride I was flogging that little motor w/out mercy. Full throttle the whole time. Im impressed it didnt blow up.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sun May 02, 2021 2:48 pm

C4146BAD-9A7D-40E2-9BE3-08236466EC8E.jpeg

This was the only photo I took. Toward the end of the Day1. You cant even see my tiny bike behind the big boxer twin.

I meant to take at least a few pics in Greenridge but I failed to do so. We splashed thru a couple little streams. But I think we all failed to capture Paul doing a wheelie through the streams.

Hopefully some other guys got a few pics
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Sun May 02, 2021 4:26 pm

It was a DAMN fine weekend! The weather couldn't have been better. Like you said Phil, everybody had the route, everybody was a good rider and knows how to ride in a group etc. Made it alot of fun for the cruise director, no supervision needed for these cats! We were 11 strong yesterday, 2 went home last night and 9 today and we rode together while separately and stretched out in a line about a minute apart as the dust was pretty good today-

Traffic was AWESOME, no real issues at all. No flats, no mechanicals except I think Pat had to replace 1 fuse. And best of all, no crashes or injuries. Beautiful country side with all the fresh smells of spring as we roll down the valleys.

We had 2 Full size GS', 2 Tenere 700's, an Africa Twin, a KLR, a 640 KTM, 2 250 Yamaha's, a Husky 701LR and a DR650 to round it out, so we had the ADV Bike genre covered! And when we weren't running through the forest roads @40ish mph, we were ripping down the backroad ribbon of perfect 2 lane asphalt at ~70mph, so it was quite fun! No interstate, so even the pavement sections were fun.

Plenty of good back roads when we couldn't get to the dirt. it was fun seeing how everybody worked around the closures here and there, still a great time. It was funny today when we blasted into Green River right when they were having the Dual Sport Riders meeting! We passed the course marshalls as they were heading out. I saw alot of white ribbon on the trails so we got out ahead of them thank god!

The T7 is a beast. Love the motor, it just chugs 3rd and 4th gear right through the woods perfectly. Hauls ass on the pavement and is smooth and little to no vibes at all. Good stuff-And with the auto clutch in it, just works so well. I am 5'10" and when standing, it is the most perfect feel (hand to bars-feet to pegs ergo's) of any bike I have ever owned. Made it feel very planted and natural. DIdn't feel like a 450 lb bike honestly. I let one of the guys ride it yesterday, believe I got him hooked! ;)

Lastly I want to thank the hot little Pizza Delivery chick! My GF Luann hooked us up and the boys had a nice hot dinner with cold beers brought right to the campsite last night. Even had a little Hornitos Anjeo to wash down the pizza! That was a good time and both of us had fun! Glad we came and hung out with you guys last night.

I got a few pictures and Pat texted me some from today as well. We need to do another DAMN DS in the fall maybe? At least another Michaux day or two!

Last edited by Firebolter on Sun May 02, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lots of cool bikes---

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Sun May 02, 2021 4:59 pm

WWWRU wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:13 pm
It was fun riding with you guys today. Kind of bummed I only rode one day, would have loved to hang with you guys at the campsite. Next time and thanks for the ride!
Which bike were you on?
Lots of cool bikes---

Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist » Sun May 02, 2021 5:47 pm

Made it home safely and got the bike put away. I'll post up my photos later. Thanks to Bill for herding the cats and for Phil for leading a most excellent romp through the Green River SF. It was great meeting all the guys and hope I didn't offend anyone. :cheers:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

T_Hersh
DAMN n00b

Post by T_Hersh » Sun May 02, 2021 9:20 pm

Great ride! Had an absolute blast. It was nice getting to meet the crew. Huge thanks to everyone who helped put this together and that amazing pizza. Looking forward to next time.