I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Forestry Public Works Plan 2022 Comment

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Joker
DAMN Expert

Forestry Public Works Plan 2022 Comment

Post by Joker »

ATTENTION 2.12.21:
DNR Forestry is looking for comments on state forests plans for 2022, two of the forests contain OHV trails. Comments are due by March 5th. Please take this opportunity to share this post with fellow riders/wheelers and submit comments asking for the following:

“Please utilize the funding from SB606 to increase the trail mileage at Saint John’s Rock within the Savage River State Forest by utilizing other parcels as modeled by Wolf Den Run State Park. An increase in mileage will increase users and decrease rogue trail creation by keeping riders on designated, legal, and sustainable trails while staying entertained for their entire trip.

Please also utilize these funds in Potomac-Garrett to interconnect Wolf Den Run State Park to Wallman Run/ Laurel Run. Please also utilize these funds to modify the Wallman Run and Burkholder Snowmobile trails to accept OHV vehicles when snowmobile use is not feasible. The SB 606 funding was created to increase OHV access in MD and should be used accordingly. Especially with it now legal to cross roads with OHV vehicles and funds available to maintain and reroute these Snowmobile Trails."

Please direct your emails to stateforests.dnr@maryland.gov
Forestry Comment 2.8.21.pdf
(103.78 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Forestry Public Works Plan 2022 Comment

Post by Rut Row »

done
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I used your main points and wrapped it in my own words encouraging action. What I know from my own efforts is that cut and paste emails can be all thrown into a basket where they are a bit discounted.
I am part of a vibrant and growing community of OHV enthusiasts that are looking for ways to enjoy our activities in Maryland. Every year, myself and many of my friends travel 2 to 5 hours away into Pennsylvania where we stay in hotels and eat at local restaurants, buy fuel, and pay usages fees for off-road riding areas. We’re also taking many trips in to Virginia for the same activities. The Maryland economy in rural areas is losing out on this activity because of the scarce opportunities in-state.

The recent energy spent on providing access to Wolf Den Run State Park has been, and should continue to be a model for how the Maryland DNR embraces this community. In that regard, I’m writing to encourage the funding from SB606 to to be used to increase the trail mileage at Saint John’s Rock within the Savage River State Forest by utilizing other parcels as modeled by Wolf Den Run State Park. An increase in mileage will increase users and decrease rogue trail creation by keeping riders on designated, legal, and sustainable trails while staying entertained for their entire trip.

Please also utilize these funds in Potomac-Garrett to interconnect Wolf Den Run State Park to Wallman Run/ Laurel Run. Please also utilize these funds to modify the Wallman Run and Burkholder Snowmobile trails to accept OHV vehicles when snowmobile use is not feasible. The SB 606 funding was created to increase OHV access in MD and should be used accordingly. Especially with it now legal to cross roads with OHV vehicles and funds available to maintain and reroute these Snowmobile Trails.

I applaud the efforts that have been recently made to increase the opportunities for OHV users in Maryland. With your continued support the residents of Maryland can both protect and enjoy our precious natural resources.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Twist wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:42 am I used your main points and wrapped it in my own words encouraging action. What I know from my own efforts is that cut and paste emails can be all thrown into a basket where they are a bit discounted.
I am part of a vibrant and growing community of OHV enthusiasts that are looking for ways to enjoy our activities in Maryland. Every year, myself and many of my friends travel 2 to 5 hours away into Pennsylvania where we stay in hotels and eat at local restaurants, buy fuel, and pay usages fees for off-road riding areas. We’re also taking many trips in to Virginia for the same activities. The Maryland economy in rural areas is losing out on this activity because of the scarce opportunities in-state.

The recent energy spent on providing access to Wolf Den Run State Park has been, and should continue to be a model for how the Maryland DNR embraces this community. In that regard, I’m writing to encourage the funding from SB606 to to be used to increase the trail mileage at Saint John’s Rock within the Savage River State Forest by utilizing other parcels as modeled by Wolf Den Run State Park. An increase in mileage will increase users and decrease rogue trail creation by keeping riders on designated, legal, and sustainable trails while staying entertained for their entire trip.

Please also utilize these funds in Potomac-Garrett to interconnect Wolf Den Run State Park to Wallman Run/ Laurel Run. Please also utilize these funds to modify the Wallman Run and Burkholder Snowmobile trails to accept OHV vehicles when snowmobile use is not feasible. The SB 606 funding was created to increase OHV access in MD and should be used accordingly. Especially with it now legal to cross roads with OHV vehicles and funds available to maintain and reroute these Snowmobile Trails.

I applaud the efforts that have been recently made to increase the opportunities for OHV users in Maryland. With your continued support the residents of Maryland can both protect and enjoy our precious natural resources.

Nice twist, Twist!