I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Easyish Ride on Friday

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Easyish Ride on Friday

Post by Bucho » Mon May 03, 2021 4:06 pm

This Friday, the 7th, Im planning on taking a new guy for a ride. Ill be up at Emmitsburg. He is coming with a new (to him), KLX300 dualsport. I told him we could ride offroad trails on the property and maybe go for a short ride up into the Michaux dirt roads.

If anyone wants to tag along that is fine. But I did set this ride up for this guy, Im going to cater it to his ability (which Im assuming is low).

At the moment is showing a 40% chance of rain. Which usually means some scattered showers (or none at all). Will see how weather goes
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Easyish Ride on Friday

Post by Bucho » Thu May 06, 2021 6:45 pm

Ride still on. 9:15-9:30 start.

Should be clear in morning. Rain starting early afternoon.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist » Thu May 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Hope you guys have a nice day for it. Be gentle with him :)
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird » Thu May 06, 2021 9:45 pm

I'm planning to be there. MAYBE I can keep up for once???

OIFG
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Fri May 07, 2021 8:03 pm

We got some good riding in before the rains. New guy did okay on his first dirtride w/ KLX.

A00FF5C0-F1D0-4ECE-B2F4-1C2BD67AA7B9.jpeg
Luckily traction was very good today. His stock tires werent doing him any favors.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist » Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 am

If his stock tires are anything like what came on my WR250R, they're useful for pretty much nothing more than running errands around town. I've got a set with less than 300 miles on them I'm saving to put back on it when it's time to sell it. Kudos to him for attempting Phil's playground with those on the bike.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sat May 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Twist wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:01 am
If his stock tires are anything like what came on my WR250R, they're useful for pretty much nothing more than running errands around town. I've got a set with less than 300 miles on them I'm saving to put back on it when it's time to sell it. Kudos to him for attempting Phil's playground with those on the bike.
We stayed on the easier stuff mostly. That pic I showed is the buggy trail that goes up to the highest point on property. Its not very worn in, meaning its still riding on 2-5” of fallen leaves. He had trouble in one spot and I rode the bike up to a better spot for him to get going.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

BMW_Steve
DAMN n00b

Post by BMW_Steve » Sat May 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Bucho wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:01 pm
Twist wrote:
We stayed on the easier stuff mostly. That pic I showed is the buggy trail that goes up to the highest point on property. Its not very worn in, meaning its still riding on 2-5” of fallen leaves. He had trouble in one spot and I rode the bike up to a better spot for him to get going.

Was that the one where I dug in and then took a step backwards and it was even softer? What a mess! :)

I had a great time, thank you for showing me around, Phil. I'm still sore but not sure if that's from lifting the bike up in places I was planning to ride or from hitting the earth with parts that are supposed to be at least 5' from the ground. Viva la safety gear.

I'm half way through the punchlist...the forks and rear shock were at nearly full soft (shocker!) once I figured out how to adjust things. I'm waiting for my helper to put the stock links back on.

How bad would a set of those Shinkos shred if I rode them on pavement? Or is there a tire that'd do both better than these Dunlop's?

If I get around to editing it, I have video of the "new section" ... Its all new to me. :)

Sam, good meeting you too!

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 pm

BMW_Steve wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:41 pm
Bucho wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:01 pm
Twist wrote:

Was that the one where I dug in and then took a step backwards and it was even softer? What a mess! :)

I had a great time, thank you for showing me around, Phil. I'm still sore but not sure if that's from lifting the bike up in places I was planning to ride or from hitting the earth with parts that are supposed to be at least 5' from the ground. Viva la safety gear.

I'm half way through the punchlist...the forks and rear shock were at nearly full soft (shocker!) once I figured out how to adjust things. I'm waiting for my helper to put the stock links back on.

How bad would a set of those Shinkos shred if I rode them on pavement? Or is there a tire that'd do both better than these Dunlop's?

If I get around to editing it, I have video of the "new section" ... Its all new to me. :)

Sam, good meeting you too!

Pirelli MT21 front, Dunlop D606 rear is a pretty tried and true dualsport combo. Its decent offroad and will stand up to pavement riding.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200