I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WTB: 125 trail bike

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

WTB: 125 trail bike

Post by Twist »

I'm looking for a bike for my daughter that started out on a TTR110 and has now been riding the Sur Ron off road. I got her a Grom to get her through the manual tranny learning curve and now she's ready to hop on a real dirt bike. My first choice would be something like a CRF125F, TTR125, KLX 140. She's cursed like me with short legs and though I want her to eventually get comfortable riding something where her feet don't touch the ground, I'm looking for more of a next baby step for her so she can ride places like Mountain Ridge with me.

I can't find anything used within hundreds of miles and new bikes are taking deposits for July to Fall deliveries. So, I thought I'd reach our to this DAMN network to see if anyone has something laying around or maybe you know someone whose kids have outgrown their 125?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Re: WTB: 125 trail bike

Post by Bork »

1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Wes, I have a TTR125LE and XR100 you could try out. The XR is about one step larger than a TTR110 and the TTR125L is about one step larger than the XR.
I have a TTR125L (150cc BBK) project bike but not quite ready to let it go yet. Though if I can get it running, I'll prob get rid of the XR.
Was planning on bringing the TTR125LE to the DAMN reunion to ride while the wife and kid are on the SurRons.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Thanks Stephen! I went out shopping around and ended up finding a somewhat distressed seller 18 year old that really needed to unload his KLX140G to buy a bigger bike. The bike is cosmetically experienced :) and needs some TLC but the smokin' good deal on it was too good to pass up. Now, I have a bike that will be a great platform for Gracie to learn how to wrench on it. It's going to need a rebuilt front brake master and new fluids front and rear, maybe new brake lines, new Protaper bars, an oil change, and we may go ahead and do a valve clearance check on it. The G model has 21" front 18" rear so it's tall for her. She's intent to learn how to ride a tall bike but I may still put the lowering dogbones on it and maybe a low seat until she gets more used to riding it.

Boom Boom, for a carburetor bike, it starts very easily cold or hot and runs strong with no hesitation off idle. Yeah, I gave in to buying another carburetored bike but it'll be fun to watch Gracie learn all about that when the moments inevitably come along.

Now, if I can just get her out of her weekend commitments you might see us both at Mountain Ridge for the reunion. We'll probably come up on Saturday early and leave to come home Sunday afternoon.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Nice! I've been keeping an eye out for a 140 and have never found a deal on one.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:40 pm Nice! I've been keeping an eye out for a 140 and have never found a deal on one.
There's a deal right now on a 2019 KLX140R (smaller wheels) in inner city Baltimore for $1800 asking price. I asked them twice if they had any bill of sale or documentation on when they purchased it. They were quick to reply on other questions but never answered me on the paper for the bike.

Baltimore, for me, is a no fly zone for motorcycle shopping so I passed on it. It's on Facebook marketplace if anyone wants to check it out. Maybe it's legit?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Twist wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:33 am
smdub wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:40 pm Nice! I've been keeping an eye out for a 140 and have never found a deal on one.
There's a deal right now on a 2019 KLX140R (smaller wheels) in inner city Baltimore for $1800 asking price. I asked them twice if they had any bill of sale or documentation on when they purchased it. They were quick to reply on other questions but never answered me on the paper for the bike.

Baltimore, for me, is a no fly zone for motorcycle shopping so I passed on it. It's on Facebook marketplace if anyone wants to check it out. Maybe it's legit?
Legit? Baltimore? :killingme: :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I can run a VIN if anyone needs it
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:52 pm I can run a VIN if anyone needs it
Thanks Phil. I may take you up on that in the future but I'm guessing if they won't answer my question about title or bill of sale they probably won't send me the VIN # either. They got uncommunicative after I started asking those questions.

I'm really looking forward to getting this bike set up for my daughter and she's very excited. I hope we can make it to Mountain Ridge this weekend.