I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sherco Troubles

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Sherco Troubles

Post by Bucho »

My Sherco trials bike has been down for a bit. I've been spending time on my Xtrainer and my Yamaha dualsport and kind of ignoring it.

Maybe two months ago Sam helped my go over the bike. We took the carb off and cleaned out all the jets. (It was actually pretty clean already) But when putting it back together, I noticed that the float was 1/3 or more full of gas. It had developed a tiny leak. While that is NOT good, I don't think that was my issue with the bike not starting. I emptied the float out and put it back together.

I dragged my feet on ordering new floats. I'm having trouble finding them. The only website I could find (motor-x.com), is out of stock!

Any good websites to order from? The carb is a Dellorto VHST 28

Does my google-fu just suck?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sherco Troubles

Post by Bucho »

nevermind, I was able to find them on trialssuperstore
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Sherco Troubles

Post by Boom Boom »

You are a mind reader.... Mike Damm at superstore can hook you up.
Get your goodies all it will cost you is a drive to Carlisle for a complete once over....they are pretty simple.
Your fuel pump as a internal screen and takes all the dirt passing from the tank. Also the vac line that works that pump gets burned thru from to close to exhaust and pump will not work. With tank 100% full the pump is not needed as gas will flow to the carb thru the pump working or not but if pump internal screen is plugged then game over. A loaded float will not float nor allow gas to enter the carb.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr