I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Motocard Web Store

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Motocard Web Store

Post by Twist »

A friend of mine recently clued me in on this pretty exceptional source for spending money on all the things motorcycle related from touring, dirt biking, trials, ADV, etc. They're a company based in Spain but apparently have local distribution in the USA because there's no additional fees and for the things I've purchased and shipping was free and with reasonably quick delivery dates. My riding buddy purchased all his Givi luggage and some riding gear from them and found their prices unbeatable so I am giving them a try.

I have a pair of Sidi Adventure Rain boots that I've owned since 2015 that have become something akin to what they'd use at Gitmo for extracting information from terrorists when waterboarding doesn't work. They good protection - not great and have become intolerable to talk around town with them on my feet. After 6 years and 10's of thousands of ADV miles, it's time for a change.

A few years ago I went looking and had determined that the Toucans or Corozal A* boots were the best protection with some minimal comfort remaining. For whatever reason I didn't pull the trigger on them - probably because of the trade-off between comfort and protection. I went shopping again recently and determined that some new boots from Rev'it were worth a try. These newish Rev'it H20 Expedition boots are probably the most expensive ADV boot on the market but all the Moto journalists are raving about the magical way they have designed a boot with no compromise between comfort and protection. OK, but dang, Revzilla lists them at $768! Uh.... then I remembered the Motocard connection. They actually have them in stock (Revzilla did not) and their listed price was $618 - but don't speak yet! (as they say on late night TV). They have a promo code for May that is good for another 15% discount and free shipping so I'm getting the boots that our friends from Philly wanted $768 to ship to me for $526 shipped with delivery by June 2nd (UPS and not the crappy USPS).

https://www.motocard.com/en/

So, a good discovery for ways to spend our moto$ is something that should be passed along and I'll follow up later with a review of these spendy boots to report if they live up to the hype.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Motocard Web Store

Post by smdub »

Neat find. I went and looked for some Sidi boots (they fit my skinny feet well.) Good price, went to add to cart... They won't ship Sidi to US or Canada :frustrated:
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 pm Neat find. I went and looked for some Sidi boots (they fit my skinny feet well.) Good price, went to add to cart... They won't ship Sidi to US or Canada :frustrated:
[yodavoice]Unexpected that is. [/yodavoice]

Were you on the US version of the store? When I first wen there everything was in Spanish but at the top of the screen there's a way to switch it. I would have thought that they had them stocked already at a distribution in the US but guess not. Huh....

Yeah, those Crossfires are too narrow for my wide feet.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Yes, I selected United States / USD. I can add other brands to my cart but Sidi must enforce their distribution channels on them.

Yeah, I have two sets of Sidi road boots and bought the Crossfire 3 SRS when I found a deal on them (and I guessed they would fit the same in the same size.) Wow, the Crossfires are narrow! I also had to put a sole insert in to bring my ankle bones in line to where they expected them to be. They'd be unbearable if they didn't fit just right. I'd love to buy a set of the Adventure 2s.

I could use another set of Spy goggles too. I have found some deals on ebay UK on those but shipping is expensive unless you get them to bundle.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Wes, check out the Klim ADV boot. I bought a pair and love them. They fit great and are easy to walk in.I wore them on the ADV ride right out of the box. They use the BOA system to close the boot up and I LOVE THAT. Nice sized toe box that is comfortable.

Sidi are mega narrow IMO, I have a pair of 1SIDI CF''s sitting on a shelf worn once, size 10.

Garne S10's and now these klim ADV are the best fitting boots for me.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kli ... -gtx-boots
Lots of cool bikes---
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

smdub wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 pm Neat find. I went and looked for some Sidi boots (they fit my skinny feet well.) Good price, went to add to cart... They won't ship Sidi to US or Canada :frustrated:
Try out this https://www.fc-moto.de/
When I was in the U.S. I ordered a pair of Sidi boots for a much better price shipped than they were available on U.S. stores.
Every day is a good day when you ride