I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

6/19, Emmitsburg Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 6/19, Emmitsburg Ride

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm a very strong maybe
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
JGalt
DAMN n00b

Post by JGalt »

Well, so long as you still have room, and wx permits, I'd likely be available for a few hours. I'd be riding up from Middletown. That said, as I am no-doubt the least skilled, I will not be able to keep up with all of you. Nonetheless, it could be fun to see some dirt and meet some of you--no laughing please. :killingme: Let me know.

Cheers,
Dave
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

JGalt wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:45 am Well, so long as you still have room, and wx permits, I'd likely be available for a few hours. I'd be riding up from Middletown. That said, as I am no-doubt the least skilled, I will not be able to keep up with all of you. Nonetheless, it could be fun to see some dirt and meet some of you--no laughing please. :killingme: Let me know.

Cheers,
Dave

If you are riding up (not hauling your bike), you certainly get a pass to come.

Just please be aware you might be hating life on some of the trails there. But you should enjoy some of the trails.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
JGalt
DAMN n00b

Post by JGalt »

Very well, thanks for the invite. I'll plan on joining you. As the week unfolds and we have a chance to more accurately understand what the wx will be, perhaps you could shoot me the directions. I'm sure many, if not all, of your trails--single track--will very likely be too challenging for someone with my limited skill set. That said, I'll be looking for the wider and more forgiving of your trails. Plus, you can take the bike where I can't and see how you like it.

Cheers,
Dave
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Dave, I should have the 250 on its shakedown run. *IF* if continues to run (restarting it is the problem du jour), you are welcome to ride it.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

JGalt wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:06 am Very well, thanks for the invite. I'll plan on joining you. As the week unfolds and we have a chance to more accurately understand what the wx will be, perhaps you could shoot me the directions. I'm sure many, if not all, of your trails--single track--will very likely be too challenging for someone with my limited skill set. That said, I'll be looking for the wider and more forgiving of your trails. Plus, you can take the bike where I can't and see how you like it.

Cheers,
Dave

Yes, there is definitely some stuff you can ride there.

And take up Stephen’s offer if he has that 250 running well.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

I can concur, plenty of moderate ascents and descents that seems to go forever with plenty of assorted laydowns and rocks at each go around to keep you satisfied. Its a smorgasbord for a novice rider trying to be somebody :lol2: . Then there's always the fear factor hills if you're feeling lucky. Guaranteed you will feel smarter every time you leave the place, well at least that's my story :thumbup:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ride is still on!
I’ve been informed that my family is having some early Father’s Day things going on that afternoon. But it will be up at Farm. So I will probably be finished riding by 3pm?
Eitherway, Ill be up at Farm anyway, so you can guys can finish up riding and such at your leisure.

Ill be sending out some directions via PM. If you need directions and dont get them, let me know.

Any other questions?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

If I still have the CRF, I'll bring it along too. It'll be for sale :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
JGalt
DAMN n00b

Post by JGalt »

Stephen,

Thank you for the offer, very kind of you to be sure. Looking forward to it!

See you all then.

Cheers,
Dave