I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sherco detune

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Sherco detune

Post by smdub »

Mike, all good info! This is the '16 I bought from Adam ways back and just sold to Joe (RevMatch). It should have all the user adj knobs on the carb. It ran well when I sold it.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
RevMatch
DAMN n00b

Post by RevMatch »

smdub wrote:Mike, all good info! This is the '16 I bought from Adam ways back and just sold to Joe (RevMatch). It should have all the user adj knobs on the carb. It ran well when I sold it.
Still runs great ImageI did have to play with the air screw recently, the thumb knob was nice.

Mike, thanks for the info, I have the FWW already so I’ll give it a go. Low compression heads are no where to be found. Trials SS said to call back in 2 months. RYP said they may get some In soon, We’ll see.

I have a 10t front sprocket but I do just about everything in 2ng gear already. I Did all of Airville in second. I mostly ride big dirt bikes so this thing crawls to me already. But if 9t is part of the trials way, I’ll check it out.

I have floppy brake tech levers and I’m really enjoying them. I’ll check out the apico’s.

For the throttle tube, I assume I can just get the tube and don’t need the full assembly.

Thanks for the details, it’s solid info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Yes on just the tube but the assembly is cheap and good to have so if you flop on a rock and bust the housing you have a spare.
Best thing to do is hop on a bike that is set up like mine is and find what feels good and works for you and what does not then make adjustments accordingly. It takes time to adapt, things like bar position and levers all different than big bikes and for a reason. Do not cut down your bars as most dirt bike guys want to do....you loose so much control and power.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
RevMatch
DAMN n00b

Post by RevMatch »

Yeah the bars do feel really wide but I remember how awkward full size dirt bikes felt when I first started. Now they’re fine. So don’t worry I get the wide bars.

I rode my buddies 2014 sherco st and him and I both agree my 16 factory has too much power. If I’m a mid pack C rider, he’s a back of the pack A rider.

What I found was my 16 st factory, is lacking power off the bottom, off idle. Then the power comes on too fast, too strong, especially at this point in my skill level.

We spent a good amount of time today wheeling up a fairly steep hill. We we’re both killin it on the 14 ST. Not so much on my ST Factory.

We we’re both then n-do/ endo, nose wheelie (how ever the hell it’s spelled) down the hill. The better brakes on my 16 factory made going down significantly better.

Looks like some reeds (or 9t counter sprocket) a low compression head and a slow throttle tube are in order. FWW is definitely going on for the time being.

Did I mention I had a blast!!! And loved riding all the bikes?
290 beta evo, 300 st, 300 st factory, beta xTrainer, 350 xc-f, oset 24, 65sx
Was a kickass day!

Sent from space using deeznuts