I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

It makes no sense

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

It makes no sense

Post by Firebolter »

Auto (and M/C for that matter) insurance rates are ridiculous sometimes. I mean, when I got the van, it was around the same time I got my renewal for the truck on USAA. CLEAN record, Hi-Credit score all the shit you are supposed to have to get the lowest rates-

a year ago, for my 2014 Dodge RAM ECO diesel, USAA wanted 650 bucks for 6 months-not counting the van!

I go to Flo, and I get the van and truck for 6 months with like coverage and amounts, 550 for both-no brainer! Go with Flo!

Now, I am looking at a car and getting rid of the truck. Ran some numbers on a car I am interested in and it went every where from 1200 to 450 for 6 months. That is a serious spread! and again, Flo (450) was better rates for same coverages over USAA (1200) and Geico(650).

Just for grins, I went to the "General" and in MD they don't write policies but have some deal with Flo as it kicked me to a special Progressive page that had the General on it saying deals with Flo!

It amazes me that USAA's car insurance is so DAMN expensive but their home insurance is fair? I have them for my house. I have bikes on both Geico and Progressive so I got discounts for those but Geico was still 200 higher-

It really does pay to shop around, especially for Auto insurance. I doubt I can beat Flo's rates. I could go check with Farmers I guess just to round it out!
Lots of cool bikes---
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: It makes no sense

Post by juddspaintballs »

I had a guy I went to high school with run some rates for me. He's an insurance agent and prices out multiple companies. Safeco wound up being the best deal for me in my location.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Flo still wins.

Allstate was 155 a month=930 for 6mo
Farmers was 256 a month!=1536 for 6mo

Will go with Flo if I do. 456 for 6 mo if you pay in full-
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bundle and save!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I’ve been with Geico forever. Moto, auto, and house. Nobody can touch them. USAA is ridiculous and I tried Flo once and after a year the rates jumped. Seems the have low initial rates and then get you later.
Even after SWMBO totaled her car, our rates didn’t go up with Geico. Every few years I used to shop around and then realize I was getting a good deal with the Gecko.
I just added Geico’s towing and roadside assistance for my motos. I have AAA for cars.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I've been with USAA since 1985. I used to think they were the best. I'd get phone calls from auto insurers who'd say they can't beat USAA's rates. Obviously not so anymore.

Worse, my nephew who has USAA recently had a neighbor's daughter back her car across the street and into his house. USAA gave him a really hard time about covering the full cost to repair and only relented after being contacted by an attorney.

And because of your post, I did a pice comparison with Progressive and could save $1,835/year! I'm thinking USAA just lost a 25 year customer.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yes, very strange how rates work. Switching to geico would be a huge increase for me over progressive (bikes) and erie (cars / house). I will be checking progressive and some others for everything once we're in the new house.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Rut Row wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:37 am And because of your post, I did a pice comparison with Progressive and could save $1,835/year! I'm thinking USAA just lost a 25 year customer.
Same here Ken. Been with USAA for a long long time, in addition to NAVY Federal CU. I'll keep my homeowners with them for now and most of their consumer rates are good compared to everyone else-but Auto? Nope! I'm going with Flo.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I have allstate for cars/house/umbrella. Had Geico for decades before and they beat them. I have a racing buddy who is an agent and knew all the good discounts. Though I could swear the price has been creeping up and have been meaning to check geico out again.

I use Flo for all the bikes. No one has beat them on price. Geico was ridiculous.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I haven't priced auto rates in a while, but no one seems to be able to touch Progressive's rates for me for the bikes. Every time they try, they're usually more than double the price.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R