I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

It makes no sense

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: It makes no sense

Post by Wingfixer »

I'll weigh in here. Until about 5 years ago I had progressive for the bikes, geico for the cages and whoever was cheapest for the houses. Progressive jumped up for no apparent reason so I got a quote from geico that was 2/3 the cost. When we bought our property in Maryland my smart, penny pinching wifey did some shopping. Now everything is with geico! She worked a package deal with the 4 homes, cars, bikes and boat. I can get some of the individual peices cheaper but I'm saving a boat load (pun intended) with them all bundled together.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: It makes no sense

Post by Twist »

I've had Allstate for basically my entire adult life. Home, auto, motorcycle, umbrella liability. I shop around from time to time and no one has compelled me to move over. Accident forgiveness, deductible reduction for years of no claims, etc all matter to me. I wadded up a 2 year old S1000RR in a pretty energetic agricultural excursion a few years ago. After the third time it tumbled there wasn't anything on it that wasn't broken so it was totaled. Allstate paid me more than I paid for the bike new (got a great deal on it) and also included coverage of my gear that was damaged. Because of accident forgiveness there was no effect on my rates at all and I have still insured a garage full of motorcycles for very little money with them.

I'm about to have a new 16 year old driver in our house so I may be reflecting on the words I've typed here by next spring.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain