I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Anyone w/ a TTR125L?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Anyone w/ a TTR125L?

Post by smdub »

I have an '03 TTR125L that I'm trying to lace a new front wheel for. Bought a ProWheel 19" rim and HD spoke kit. Bought a spare hub off ebay. But the darn spokes are the wrong length. Was emailing ProWheel about it and they suggested to compare to the original wheel. They are 227mm just like the package says but when comparing them to the OEM wheel they are obviously too short. (when I laced up the wheel the nipples barely grabbed the threads and there was about that much thread showing, so holding against the stock spokes confirmed I had laced it right.)

I've noticed the 2000-2004 and 2005+ TTRLs have different part #s for hub and spokes. Wondering if the later hub is a little bigger or the same size and just an updated number or part. Anyway, wondering if there was another example out there I could compare w/. ProWheel has gone silent on replying to my emails once I sent them that pic :(
Attachments
20210731_ProWheel_TTR_spoke_227mm_vs_orig.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee