I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

flooded out

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: flooded out

Post by Laoch »

Lower level is now missing most drywall on bottom 12", and of course all trim is gone, we had nice wainscoting, it's gone. insulation also pulled, floors out. we had a professional disaster company come in and their industrial grade dryers and fans running for days plus mold mitigation stuff.

Next is looking at exterior and grade issues. Probably get a sump pump, we never had one.

Also- are weeping tiles required by code? I don't think we have any, at least none ever evident. It's a split or bi level house. Water came in on the side with the most below grade. Makes sense.
Last time this happened, and not nearly as bad, was 2012, hurricane Sandy.
Bruce
chuck marler
DAMN n00b

Re: flooded out

Post by chuck marler »

Weep tiles aren't required by code, but sounds like what you need, along with some grading work. I'd install weep tiles, french drains, and everything else to fix it on the outside of the basement to drain water away, before I started working on the concrete inside the basement, installing weep tiles and depending on a sump pump. Hurricanes can come with power outages.