I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

LHRB old topic old rider

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Master68
DAMN n00b

LHRB old topic old rider

Post by Master68 »

Left Hand Rear Brake Rekluse brake. I realize this is an old topic. I just put the Rekluse LHRB on
my Beta 250 RR. I read the older posts on the topic.
My question is:
1- can you lock up your LHRB? I cannot but the brake does not feel spongy.
2- can you lock up your foot brake if you kept it? Foot brake feels solid when pushing down on it.
3- did you put new rear brake shoes when installing LHRB? Even though they may not be worn.

Big Bird I know you put LBRB on your bikes any thoughts.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: LHRB old topic old rider

Post by smdub »

I run Clakes on my bikes but I've played w/ a Rekluse LHRB (though I don't know which generation.)
1) You should be able to lockup the rear w/ a LHRB. This is easy w/ both my Clake's and the Formula LHRB on the Freeride E-XC. I didn't try to lockup the Rekluse but unless they grossly mis-sized the master piston diameter it should work the same.
2) You should still be able to lockup the foot brake exactly as before. Since the Rekluse plumbs into the the foot master's fluid reservoir, it is 100% disabled once you push the foot brake down a little (as soon as the foot master cyl moves a tiny amount it closes off the reservoir hole and starts pressurizing the rear brake line. Once that reservoir hole is closed, it disconnects the LHRB entirely. If your foot pedal is misadjusted or you are resting your foot on the pedal a little, the Rekluse LHRB design won't work at all.)
3) I didn't change pads when I installed the Clakes. They were still in good shape.

If your LHRB feels firm but doesn't appear to be working, I suspect you may have the problem I alluded to in #2 above. Make sure there is some free play in your foot lever so that it releases the foot master cylinder enough to open up the passage to the reservoir when released.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Master68
DAMN n00b

Post by Master68 »

Thank you for the information. I suspect #2 is my problem. My rear brake pedal moves downward
maybe a 1/4 inch.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Does it not have the little spring from the lever to the engine to hold it in the up position?
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Master68
DAMN n00b

Post by Master68 »

Yes it has a spring. I had a another person look at setup. I am replacing my rear rotor. I saw the
gouges but didn’t realize how worn the rotor was.
Also, I am going to put new brake shoes on rear and start the process over again.